Friday, August 22, 2008

Oh, The Comedy And Tragedy Of It All...

After reporting that nothing was going on in our paperchase, I got TWO e-mails from CCAI today! Of course, true to our luck, there was a mix of good and bad in those e-mails.

First, the comedy...our homestudy is completed and approved! It is ABOUT TIME!! (OK, it's not really comedy, but it surely made me smile!)

Then came the tragedy...through the homestudy paperwork, they realized that on my physical form I had written "see attached list" on my surgical history and provided a neatly organized, typed list of all of my past surgeries. That was not a problem for the dossier we prepared for Carson's adoption...suddenly, it's a problem. They fear that a separate listing of surgeries that has not been signed by my doctor may be questioned. So I have to get a NEW physical form and only write 3 or 4 of the surgeries. They were all in the distant past and CCAI doesn't feel that they all need to be on the list. This way, it will show that my doctor saw the list...not that I added the attachment at a later date. (Yes, I know, that sounds ridiculously petty and utterly unnecessary...welcome to the world of international adoption!)

Yes, I have to go back to my doctor's office AGAIN and beg his sweet yet incompetent staff to kindly...just one more time...have the doctor sign a physical form for me. I don't plan for that to go smoothly and I expect to leave the office with a handful of some sweet assistant's hair if I must.

It just makes me laugh out loud when people say that adopting is the "easy" way to have kids...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Ok I am just freaking out cause our house drop a hundred a forty grand due to the housing slup and will China think we lied the first time around? Do they even see that? I am sorry to hear the bad news-you need a new doctor or is it just the staff and you like your doctor?

Redmom2005 said...

Oh Nooooooo!! Anything but the physical form!!! That is the WORST thing to get and even WORSTER (haha) to have to get them to re-do! AW COME ON.....!!!! I do not envy you on this one!!! I hope you're able to get it without too much hair-pulling!! LOL!

And, did you decide on the name Molly Jayne?! I'm not keeping on top of things these days!! Sorry!!