Monday, December 1, 2008

Good News on the Molly Front...

...and, no, it isn't the I-797C we're waiting for from the USCIS. (That post will be entitled "GREAT News on the Molly Front.")

We got an e-mail today from CCAI! Before checking out the documents (immunization record, new measurements, and an update), I quickly scrolled to the picture. What did I see?
An adorable picture that we've ALREADY RECEIVED!! Oh well...it IS a cute picture!

The immunization record wasn't anything new. The measurements seem pretty boring...until you compare them to the measurements we got just five short weeks ago (shown in parenthesis below):

Weight -- 13.6 kg (was 15)
Head circumference -- 50 cm (was 49)
Chest circumference -- 57 cm (was 58)
Height -- 93 cm (was 90.5 cm)
Length of foot -- 15 cm (was 14 cm)
Number of teeth -- 20 (no change)

So, apparently, our Pretty Princess has lost 1.4 kg of weight, gotten 2.5 cm taller, gotten a bigger head and bigger feet, and gotten a smaller chest. OK...if they say so. You just gotta love the (un)reliability of the measurements they send!

The update was a fun read, though. It was dated 11/27/2008:

Medical/Development:
Her current health is good.
She likes to play with other children and recently made a new friend (Dang Jie Ke, boy, 5 years old, albinism). Her speech is good. She is potty trained and she knows red.

Personality:
They call her Yu Han.
She is cute and docile.

Foster Family/Adoption:
She is in the foster family and there are foster parents, grandma and a younger sister.
She received package from the family.

General:
They will give the family her sleeping and diet schedule when they arrive to pick her up.
She eats rice, noodle, congee, milk, fruits, meat and eggs.

My thoughts on that information? I'm LOVING it that her new friend is a 5 year old boy...since she will have a 5 year old brother very soon! How cool is that?! Also, I was glad to get information on her foster family. We want to send another care package before Christmas and now we know who else is in the foster home and can send gifts for everyone. I also find it funny that she is described as "docile"...didn't the referral information describe her as spicy?

Life is just happening way too quickly...I still have to post about putting up our Christmas tree (ALWAYS an adventure when you're married to the Grinch) and the latest on Meggie's foot (complete with pictures of her new...and gigantic...boot). Sadly, it will have to wait. I've been working two jobs the past month and I'm exhausted...heading to bed embarrassingly early tonight.

Y-A-W-N...check back later this week for more...

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I just love to read your blog...I am always so entertained! Great news on the Molly front...

Kristin said...

Meggie's boot?? Doesn't sound good for a dancer. BTDT.

Okay, Molly. Yes, how funny she has seemingly shrunk recently. Good thing you understand the issues we can have when receiving new info from China. Wonderful that it is, it's not always completely accurate.

How great that her new friend is someone Carson's age!!! That should help with the transition.

But what stuck out at me as the biggie, is potty trained!!! I'm sure you already knew/expected that but isn't it great to read??? Oh my. The first one about did me in. Good thing the following three were pretty "easy". Whew.

Denise Grover Swank said...

Is it possible to have Molly info overload? No, I didn't think so but your sure are getting tons of info! WOW! I'm completely impressed!

Meggie has a boot? uhoh!

demetrisfamily said...

Now look who posts like crazy when I haven't checked for a week! Wonderful to get more news about precious Molly. I'm sure that her & her foster family will appreciate the Xmas gifts. Thanksgiving looked like so much fun with all the kiddos. Good for you doing so well on Weight Watchers!

Emily said...

arggh-- the wait for the 797-c- maybe it will be a Christmas present!!!