...and Other Reasons to Celebrate!
First of all, Happy Chinese New Year! We attended our local FCC Chinese New Year celebration on Sunday afternoon...minus the Teenager, who got sick at Church and was stuck at home feeling pretty miserable. (She felt better later that evening...thanks for asking!)
A few pictures from the CNY celebration:
The cool dragon table decoration...The goofy kid behind the dragon mask (that he refused to color)...
The boys enjoying lunch...and Carson has quite a mouthful of rice in this picture!
Carson loving on Mommy...
Oh, what is this blower thing for...??
Ahhh, yes...since I'm a five year old boy, this blower is CLEARLY an instrument of torture...
A crowd shot from Carson's vantage point...
Carson playing the games...
...and getting temporary tattoos...
...while Mommy ran the Chinese Zodiac Wheel game.
Quite proud of his awesome dragon tattoos...a matched set...
Calming down after the games, taking time to color his placemat...
We had a pretty low key time of it at CNY since Carson's friends weren't able to make it (Wesley, Elliana, and Max...you all BETTER come next year!!), but Carson enjoyed himself anyway.
Early in the event, Daddy asked me if I knew anyone at CNY. I replied that I probably know some people by name and/or blog, but not to put a face with a name. To prove my point, as I was heading over to the games to work my volunteer shift, a woman approached me. "Aren't you Carson's Mom?" she asked. I was slightly taken aback. Turns out she reads the blog and recognized me from pictures on here! It was kind of a weird combination of feeling famous and feeling stalked all at the same time...and I told her so. We laughed about it. So here's a shout out to Rose, Lavender, and Iris...it was so good to meet you all!!
We have gotten dumped on with snow and ice this week and the kids haven't been to school since Monday! It looks like they may get to go tomorrow...but there has been TONS of celebrating at our house by a couple of bums who are enjoying lazing around watching TV all day. (No, I don't mean me and Daddy...)
But the real celebration occurred today, when I got the following e-mail from the USCIS:
"Good morning.
I have finished my review of your I-800A application and have approved it today. It is in the mail and you should be getting it soon. I have also sent a copy to your Adoption Service Provider.
Congratulations!"
We've only waited 3 months, 1 week, and 2 days to get that e-mail! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!
Of course, we don't actually have the I-797C in our hot little hands yet, so I'll be cautiously excited...but excited nonetheless. Looks like we could get our dossier sent to China by the second week of February, then the real countdown begins...the countdown to travel!
Hold on, Molly Jayne...we're one huge step closer to you!!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Posted by Teresa =) at 7:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Hello all!
I am a friend of Tammy who adopted Emmy Xiang and have been reading your blog for a little while. Amidst looking at an adoption agency on the web I believe I found a picture of your Molly Jayne! Here is the link!
http://giftcatalog.bethany.org/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=62&category_id=25&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=89
Your Friend
Oh my goodness, that IS Molly Jayne!! Thank you so much for letting me know...Carson is begging for his bedtime stories and a drink of water, but I'll post it on the blog once the Little Man is in bed.
You are so sweet to let me know about this picture!!
Teresa =)
"Anonymous" is my BEST friend who lives down the street. When she found this picture, she told me, "I've got to tell them about it! Bethany Adoption must have done some work in her orphanage or something. I am going to tell them!!" I just knew ya'll would be thrilled! "Teresa=)", if your wondering who the person who sent this to you is, her nickname on our blog is Bee. I love her sooo much!
Love,
Katie (aka Ladybug from Our Little Women)
Katie/Ladybug -
Be sure to tell Bee that we REALLY appreciated her letting us know about that picture!! I love your blog and read it whenever you guys update! Thanks for letting me know Bee's identity...it was a bit mysterious, just being signed "Your Friend"!
Teresa =)
Hooray, Hooray, Hooray...the USCIS has finally come through!! Now THAT is something to celebrate! FINALLY, huh?!!! Happy Chinese New Year to you! Hope you're surviving all that miserable weather!! I loved the comment about the "two bums"! LOL!!!!
so happy for you girL!!!!!
Wonderful news!! And, yes, Wesley and Elliana will plan to be there to celebrate CNY next year -- along with Delilah AND Molly! Won't they all have a great time? Seems like it must be about time for the moms to have a night out.
Oops! I meant to say they plan to be there to celebrate with Carson! Of course, he has to be included! (And Max).
That is wonderful news! Congrats. And it looks like you had a wonderful celebration.
IT IS ABOUT TIME! (:
oh! i am so excited about your 1800A--!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go and celebrate!!!!
Hi Teresa, I'm catching up on my blog reading. It was nice to meet you at the CNY event too. Iris (Now if I could just catch up on my blog posting... I'm so far behind).
Post a Comment