What Time Is It?? Why, It's Time to...
...mail our I-797C to the Consulate in New York! We got it back from the State on Saturday and, of course, Monday was a Federal holiday so no mail delivery. That's OK...on my way to work this afternoon, I will be overnighting that document on it's last excursion. When it returns from the Consulate, we will be sending our dossier to CCAI for translation and mailing to CHINA!!! We'll travel 3-5 months after China gets our dossier logged-in. (Say a prayer for the 3 month timeframe...)
...enjoy the sunshine! We have had so much snow and ice in the past few weeks that the kids have been off school more than they've been going! In fact, they were supposed to be off last Thursday and Friday and lost those days to pay back two snow days. Meggie was sick a couple of weeks ago and missed two days of school and I started to panic about how much school she has missed lately...then I remembered that her other days home were snow days, not sick days. Where is the spring weather, already?!?
...end my suffering! My neck and shoulder have been KILLING me for the past two weeks. I actually ended up in the Emergency Department on Friday night because the pain was making me nauseous. After a CT scan and some heavy painkillers...complete with an allergic reaction to Dilaudid...I was sent home with a diagnosis of neck pain. Oh, really?!?! 'Cause I didn't know that I was having neck pain until I paid a 10% co-pay!! Since the CT scan showed I had not herniated a disc in my neck (which was my self-diagnosis), I started trying to self-treat a pinched nerve in my neck. (Hey, nurses ALWAYS self-diagnose and self-treat. Doctors are for wimps...) My mother-in-law, who has had a cervical disc herniation, let me borrow some of her treatment supplies. My husband was positively giddy preparing to put me into his mom's neck traction device.Don't you love how the Little Man put the pager from his doctor kit on my chest and posed for the picture? What a hoot! I was able to tolerate 10 pounds of traction for about 15 minutes, but then I couldn't get out of that thing fast enough. Sadly, I didn't think to ice my neck and right arm after the traction and suffered through a painful and sleepless night. Hopefully this will fix me up quickly.
...go to Disney! Well, actually, Meggie will be going. Her dance team performed at Nationals this weekend and earned a bid to go to Worlds in Florida in late April!Meggie is super excited, both for the trip and for the fact that we won't be going with her on the trip! (I'm gonna try to chaperone...shhhhh, don't tell her.) After all of the stress Meggie has been under the past few months, I'm so excited for her that she can be part of this awesome experience!!
...finish our basement remodel! Daddy has been working busily to finish our basement and I can't wait to post the before and after pictures.
Stay tuned...
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Posted by Teresa =) at 11:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Now Meggie can enjoy some of our lovely FL weather! Today was pretty cold. This morning it got down to 38 DEGREES!! Oh my! haha.
Love, Katie :)
YAY!! Three months...cross our fingers. Hopefully she'll be dancing with Sophie at Nikki's wedding.....You look hysterical in traction BTW.
my husband has been doing traction for his neck too- pain in his left arm and numbness --:( so glad you're almost done w/ your paperwork!creas
Oooo, that neck traction thing does not look very comfortable. I hope you recover quickly.
Very exciting news about Meggie!!
How fun-not the neck pain though- I meant coming to FL. I am still awaiting the I800A or what ever you call it after it comes back to you! I think if things go like I have been hearing I may be a month away from you sending our things to China. I will pray and cross my fingers for you to get over there, on the fast track! My whole family is in a wedding June 20th- Hoping that we will still go to China at the end of July-That was our time frame from the agency! it will be so fun to see your journey again!
I'm so sorry about your neck! Has someone really been irritating you lately, you being a PAIN IN THE NECK??? Sorry, that was so bad, yet I still couldn't resist.
Thank you so much for the positive feedback on my LOST recap! I had so much fun doing it even if you were one of only a couple of people who read it. You've inspired me to try it again this week!
It's snowing today in China, too. Really not fun here when it snows. But I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get here (and get well) as quickly as possible.
Teresa, congrats on getting your USCIS approval!! It will be great to finally bring Molly home. Hope your neck is feeling better. Looks painful in the photo. - Kelly CCAI Jan/Feb yahoo.
I am not going to let Chris see that picture of you ;) I do hope you are feeling better!
I know you're busy with your trapeze act and all, but I have an award for you on my blog!
Nice!
Post a Comment