Do We Know How to Party...or What?!
OK, Meggie...you say I never blog about you. Well, you're wrong.
Last night, my friend Sarah told me about an Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic Outlet about an hour from us. She got a ton of great deals and was SO excited that she had gone there. When I told Meggie about it, she decided we HAD to go there today.
See, Meggie, you thought this was about Sarah, but that was just the set-up to bring you into the story. Be patient, child!
Since Meggie is working on her 50-hours-behind-the-wheel-with-a-parent for her driver's training, we figured a one hour trip each way couldn't hurt. So, off we headed. For some reason, I always get car sick when Meggie drives me in her car. I tease her that it's because her scary driving makes me queasy, but truly I don't know why it is. Anyway, I always have to have something to drink with me when we go driving. We decided to treat ourselves to a special drink today......ahhhh, much better! As we headed down the highway, the weather started to look a bit threatening. We were told that it wasn't supposed to rain. (Daddy is King of the Weather Channel.) Meggie got a bit nervous. Driving in inclement weather is not on her to-do list any time soon. We managed to get to the Outlet Mall without any raindrops. So far, so good.
Meggie, are you glad we're here? Ready to spend all that money you made last night babysitting??Look how excited she is to spend quality time with Mommy!
We got an awesome parking space, right by the door, and Meggie managed to park her car without hitting anything. Great job, Megster! Then we headed inside.
Now, you gotta understand something about my firstborn and I. We love all the normal "girlie" things...makeup, manicures, styling our hair...but we HATE TO SHOP! We like to acquire new things...as in, walk in the store, find what we need right away and buy it...but we hate to meander around stores poking in all the racks, looking for a deal. We HATE IT!! This Outlet Mall was our worst nightmare. Miles and miles of disorganized racks, people everywhere...I literally had to walk away from her as she looked through the shorts and capri pants because I couldn't catch my breath from the claustrophobia of it all. After a few minutes of attempting to enjoy it, she agreed with me that it was not our scene. And we left.
Yes, we drove a full hour to spend about seven-and-a-half minutes in this horrible store.No kidding, Megster. I was as disappointed as you were!
To top it off, as soon as we headed back home on the highway (after getting me a Diet Pepsi at a local fast food chain...you know, car sickness and all) it started to rain. Then it started to rain hard. Then it started to pour!! At one point, it was raining so hard that I had Meggie pull off the highway and wait it out...we couldn't see the road and I was worried about her freaking out behind the wheel. Ugghhh!!
Eventually, we made it home. In one piece.
Meggie, we REALLY need to start leading more exciting lives!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Posted by Teresa =) at 9:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
That is so much fun-expect for the no deals at the stores!
Is the outlet in KY? If so I was disappointed as well when I went a few years ago. (I love to shop for good deals, but this was not the place).
I'm guessing that you guys do NOT shop the day after Thanksgiving!
Sorry you had a bad shopping day, better luck next time.
I am so with you guys -- I HATE to shop! At least you had some good mother-daughter bonding time :)
Now, there is a trip that went sour!! I love a bargain, and don't mind searching for it. Wish I'da been there :)
HOW ARE WE RELATED?? I LOVE that place. I love searching around and finding awesome stuff for super cheap. I found a pair of Banana Republic silk pants for $4 there once!! This would have been my ideal day.
Post a Comment