Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Little Man Plays Hookie...

This is the first week I can finally drive after surgery. Ten days after surgery seems like enough time, but my neck is still so stiff that I feel like a danger on the roads. Yesterday, Carson and I overslept and, since he was going to be late anyway, I just let him skip preschool. Whew...one more day I don't have to drive.

Then we get to today. Nobody overslept. Carson got dressed lightning fast. He ate his breakfast without any playing around. And just as we were headed out to the minivan to go to school, Mommy decided that we were gonna "play hookie" one more day. But instead of just hanging around the house, we decided to have an adventure...
...which, unfortunately for Carson, had to start with a morning of laundry. (Hey, I'm not allowed to lift or bend over, so laundry is off limits until my follow-up visit on Friday!)
What a doll...he even cleans the LINT filter!!! (Hey, Little Man, can you teach Daddy how to do that?!?!) Since I can't lift more than a gallon of milk, Carson had to lug the clean laundry down the hall...
...and transferred everything up to the bed so I could fold it.Being careful to be sure there was enough detergent...
...pushing all the buttons to program the load...
...and calling for back-up?!?! Awwww, come on, Carson! It isn't that bad helping me, is it?!
After the laundry was under control, we headed to Carson's favorite restaurant for a lunch date...
...with a mystery guest...
...wait...who is that?
Daddy!!!!!
After a fun lunch with the Little Man, Daddy went back to work and Carson and I headed to a very special place...
...the tuxedo rental shop! My youngest sister is getting married in a little over two weeks and Carson is the ring bearer. It was funny to explain to him what his role is in this...he doesn't even know what a wedding is! We finally decided that he was going to wear a "handsome suit" and left it at that. Can't wait to see him in the full tuxedo!

After the tuxedo shop visit was over, we decided to cap our adventure with a little treat...
...milkshakes from Culver's! Carson, how is that "ma-nilla nook-shake"?
We'll take that as a "Yummy!" We had about an hour before Meggie got home from school and decided that we would end our day of "playing hookie" watching "Meet the Robinsons."
Ahhhhh, this is the life!! Hope you enjoyed it, Little Man, 'cause you ARE going to school tomorrow!! (Gosh, I'll be lonely...)

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Carson won't ever forget unexpected days off like this! You are such a good mom :)

Denise Grover Swank said...

What an awesome day! If the laundry thing was new to Carson then I bet he enjoyed it! If it wasn't then kudos to you!

Erin Jackson said...

The laundry section was awesome! I can't believe he can do all that! Looks like a fun day.

Debbie said...

Hookie lunches are the best when they include Daddy, aren't they? And for your info, I did work eight hours on my hookie day with Sophie. I just took a four hour break after the first five :-)

Heather said...

You are such an awesome mom! And Carson's a pretty awesome son too- good job helping mom!!!

Carrie said...

I love the Carson doing Laundry photos to cute!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful little helper. And a cute one at that!