Monday, October 19, 2009

My Very Last Post...

...at least from this blog! Yes, my dear loyal readers, I have moved my blog to a new address.

I started blogging during our journey to Carson. When we got Molly's referral, I switched to this blog to document how we were continuing our adoption journey. But now the focus of my blogging is changing.

Two months after bringing Molly home, our family feels complete. At this point after Carson's adoption, we were already itching to get back into the adoption world. That feeling is gone. At first, I felt guilty. Shame on me, I thought. I'm a pediatric nurse willing to adopt preschoolers with special needs...and those kids need homes.

However, our family balance finally feels...well, balanced. Molly is adjusting so well to life in our family and Carson has accepted that he's stuck with her forever. And he's finally OK with it. (Meggie is wonderful with both kids...but you probably already knew that!) And even with the chaos and confusion that defines our family life right now, I feel an amazing contentment.

While there are many wonderful families who go back again and again to adopt -- and I am amazed and humbled by their commitment to adoption -- that just isn't in our future. And you know what? It is OK.

Jaime from The Daydream Designer donated a free Blogspot makeover to our fundraising raffle before we went to China to adopt Molly. I really have no idea how Jaime found me to offer that gift, but I was very touched by her generosity to a complete stranger. It only seemed fitting, then, that I ask her to do MY blog makeover. Wait 'til you see the results!!

So, now my blogging focus becomes our journey as a family, trying to answer the age-old question: Are We There Yet?

3 comments:

epin said...

Looking forward to following you on your new blog!

Ash said...

Catching up, while you move and journey to family forever. Are we there yet? Either way I will be right over. Thanks for sharing Teresa.
:-)Ash

Nicole said...

A complete family is a wonderful blessing!!!! Enjoy that contentment, you deserve it!

See you over on your new blog!!!!