Sunday, October 11, 2009

Our Very Busy Day (Part Two)...

After arriving home from our road trip last Saturday, Meggie headed off to dance rehearsals and the Littles and I got organized to head to the Autumn Moon Festival. (At least it was nearby...at a local farm less than a half-mile from our neighborhood.) As soon as we arrived, we heard the Kung Fu demonstration had started and Carson HAD to see that!I must admit, Molly and I enjoyed it more than I thought we would. Carson was AMAZED at the bigger boys -- he kept saying, "They're like POWER RANGERS!" What a hoot!

We headed from the Kung Fu show to the free dinner. You know the problem with a free dinner? There's ALWAYS a catch. The catch at this free dinner??
Yes, folks, Mommy had to cook hot dogs (bleccchhh!!) over an open fire! Ooooo, I needed Daddy at this event!! At least the Littles were OK with the dinner offerings...
The free dessert consisted of marshmallows...which also required the whole cook-over-an-open-fire thing. Are you KIDDING me?! Thankfully, our dear friends Chelsie and Alan were there with their son Max...and Alan felt sorry for me so he made our marshmallow desserts. (Thanks, Alan!!) Dessert was a big hit...
...although Molly wasn't a big fan of getting sticky, so I had to hold the marshmallows and feed her! What a goofy girl!! A few random pics...
...of Carson and Max goofing around...
...of Molly inflating her Capri Sun pouch with air ("not respecting the pouch" as Daddy would say)...
...of Max, Carson, and Molly together...
...of Carson and Max looking at the video Chelsie made with her camera...
...of Molly happily giving her big brother a hug...
...and of Max being...well, Max! (He hates to have his picture taken, so you have to catch him off-guard.) They had a little play area at this farm with miniature houses, which Molly loved...
...and a large ship that all the kids loved! Here we have Molly climbing onto the ship...
..and following Carson up the bridge...
...but refusing to come down the slide until I took her picture!
Going up the bridge was a challenge for Carson (it required a bit of arm strength) but he was proud of himself when he could do it alone after a few tries!
He also required a picture to be taken at the top of the slide! Chelsie is so cute with kids...
...and I do believe Molly is becoming quite fond of her. Considering what a tough little cookie Molly is with new people, I was amazed how much she was willing to laugh and giggle with Chelsie! (You're warming her up, Chels...but, no, you CAN'T have her!!) As it got darker, we really wanted to get some pics of the kiddos up on the ship...
...not just you, Carson! We realized quite quickly that organizing six kids for a photo op is a bit like shoving cats into a pillowcase. (Not that I've ever DONE that...)
...and these were the best shots I got of Molly, Carson, Max, Wesley, Delilah, and Elliana! (Wesley, Delilah, and Elliana are the children of our friends, Doug and Lou Ellen).

So that's the end of Our Very Busy Day. Now I need a Very Lazy Day to make up for all that activity!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds like a FABULOUS day!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Please tell me that the "marshmallow dessert" you were referring to was not a smore. Because if you do not know how to make a smore--I am TRULY disappointed in you!!!
Love,
Your Girl Scout Leader friend

Teresa =) said...

Oh, my dear Girl Scout Leader friend, I never said I didn't know HOW to roast a marshmallow...I simply didn't want to stand over the flames to attend to the marshmallows while at the same time keeping both of the Littles from jumping/falling/tripping into the fire!

Of course I can make a smore!

Anonymous said...

My faith in you is restored!
g