Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Karate Update...and a Very Big Day!

Remember when I let Daddy win the dance vs. karate battle? Well, we signed Carson up for Friday evening karate classes a few weeks ago. The first week of karate, however, ended up being at the end of his first week of school. The combination of his first week of going to school every day and a Friday evening karate class nearly brought us all to tears. (It DID bring Carson to tears, we fought the urge to join him...) So we decided that we would wait a while. After all, he's playing soccer right now anyway so he's getting exercise.

The next week when I dropped Carson off at school, I noticed a flyer posted that that same karate school was offering classes at Carson's preschool on Monday afternoons...and it was $5 cheaper than going to the karate studio! (Is that what they're called, "studios"? Maybe that's a dance term...) Anyway, the combination of cheaper and way more convenient prompted us to sign him up!

He had his first class yesterday. Daddy left work early so he could attend the first class -- figuring he'd have to really stay on Carson to pay attention. He was wrong! He said Carson was a great listener and really got into the class! When they got home, Carson showed me some of his moves. Thankfully, they are more about precision and discipline in karate than "hi-ya," so I think this will be GREAT for Carson. I'll post a video later of his moves...so cute!

Today is a very big day in our house! Today we are going to our local courthouse and having the final hearing to readopt Carson in our home state. This is a formality that is required to get him a U.S. birth certificate but I've been told that the hearing is pretty neat and the Judge makes a big deal about it for the kids. I'm looking forward to it and you KNOW I'll be posting pictures tonight! Carson has no idea what's coming -- didn't know how to explain it to him -- but he and I have been visiting the courthouse frequently recently (for Molly's adoption and to file papers for his readoption) so he knows he'll get lots of attention whenever we enter the building. Meggie is just thrilled to be getting out of school early!

Look for pictures later tonight...

2 comments:

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

CONGRATS CARSON!!!!

Chelsie and Max

Kristin said...

Happy re-adoption day!! It was a big deal for our little ones too. The judge was wonderful both times. But you are a nicer mommy than me. I didn't take the big kids out of school either time. :-)