Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our Little Soccer Star!

OK, before you get TOO excited, the "soccer star" part of that title has absolutely NOTHING to do with Carson's soccer abilities. Truth be told, the boy can't stay focused long enough to pass the ball...or play any defense...or even notice where on the field the ball is actually located. However, we got his first official sports photos yesterday and he looks like a star in these pics!

Take a peek at the team picture...
...and his individual shot.
While he appears to be crossing his eyes in the team shot (boys WILL be boys), I think the individual shot is pretty great!

In his defense, though, his soccer skills are coming along. He doesn't run with his head down and his arms back behind him anymore. He mostly refrains from jumping down into his Spiderman stance. And, in fact, yesterday he scored his first goal!! (OK, so he scored it in the other team's goal, but he was still pretty proud of himself!)

Progress is progress, folks. At this point, we'll take what we can get!

6 comments:

Margaret M said...

Love the pictures. I followed your journey to Carsen before we traveled to China for our son, Graeme. I have not kept up since we returned home. I so enjoyed seeing your blog today and catching up. So happy for you and can't wait to follow your journey to Molly!!!

ww said...

Love the individual photo - Carson looks very handsome!

wingepr said...

I love that picture. He is so cute.

Donna said...

adorable pic! He looks so dang cute...glad he's making soccer progress, even if it is helping the other team win. snicker...

Carrie said...

I love the pic's!

Kristin said...

very cute! we've been a soccer family for years. :-)