Every Parent's Nightmare...
I received an e-mail last night regarding MJ, a sweet child adopted from China earlier this year by one of my cyberfriends, Carrie Kreuer, and her husband Aaron. We had the pleasure of meeting Carrie and Aaron and their four children in July when we were in Florida. Remember this picture?MJ is standing between Meggie and Carson. This past Friday, there was a tragic accident at their home in Florida...apparently, MJ was cleaning up toys around their pool and slipped on the wet deck, sustaining a massive head injury. After two brain surgeries attempting to stop the bleeding and manage the swelling in her brain, little MJ passed away Sunday.
Our family is in total shock and sadness today. While we didn't know MJ well, Meggie and I follow Carrie's blog and we did get to meet her and her family and spend time with them. We can't believe this senseless and tragic loss!
Please join our family in praying for the Kreuers...
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Posted by Teresa =) at 7:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
This is so incredibly heartbreaking. I just have not been able to get over it since last night when I first learned of MJ's accident. We are praying for Carrie and her family.
I had forgotten that you and Carrie met up this summer. We tried last year (before they adopted MJ) but it didn't work out.
I too am at a loss for words as to why this tragedy would take place. I am just thankful that MJ was part of their family for the time she was there. She knew her mommy, daddy, and siblings loved her.
I don't really know Carrie but I'm in shock over this and have thought about it practically non stop since I heard the tragic news. My thoughts and prayers go out for this family.
Oh, what a tragedy! While we don't know this family, our prayers are with them. I'm glad MJ was able to be with her family and know their love.
Praying for them, too...I cannot imagine.
I am so sad.
I just spoke to Carrie last week and MJ got on the phone and sang me her ABCs.
I am so glad that she had the love of a family and now has the love of the Father.
Post a Comment