Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So Much Going On...

Since Friday, we have been going non-stop! I took a vacation day from work on Friday and Carson and I went to the local Children's Museum with my friend, Sarah, and her boys...forgot the camera, so no pics. Sorry! After a few fun-filled hours of play, I rushed back home to get ready for our big night...

...seeing the top dancers from this season's So You Think You Can Dance! My sister, Debbie, and I took Meggie and her friends, Jacqueline and Morgan...we had a BLAST!! We had great seats and the energy in the place was so much fun! I forgot my camera...are you sensing a pattern here?...and haven't yet gotten the pics from Meggie or Debbie (who both remembered THEIR cameras).

After driving the girls home, I ended up getting a measly four hours of sleep before having to get up for work on Saturday. Ugghhh... Carson had his last soccer game on Saturday and Daddy tells me Carson almost scored a goal! You guessed it...Daddy forgot the camera, so no pics. (What is WRONG with us??!!) After the game, the team had a party and the kids got the prize to beat all prizes...
...their individual soccer trophies!! Carson was so excited to get a trophy...surely the first of many in my Little Man's collection! He placed it on his nightstand (which is getting a bit crowded now) and is so proud of that thing! Way to go, Carson!

Sunday morning Meggie had a dance competition...since it was local, the boys went along, too. Carson did great. He loves to watch the girls dance and flirts shamelessly with all of Meggie's friends. (So adorable!!) I'd show you pictures...but I forgot the camera...

After the competition, we rushed home, had lunch, then Meggie and I got ready for our big night out...seeing the touring production of Hairspray, which was in town for the weekend. Meggie and I are HUGE fans of Broadway shows and I try to surprise her with tickets whenever I can. (The best was when I gave her tickets to Wicked for Christmas last year!) Carson even loves Hairspray...we had Meggie's soundtrack in the CD player in the kitchen for a while and he can sing along, word-for-word, with nearly every song on it! He was a bit bummed he didn't get to go with us...maybe when he's older.

Last night, Daddy and Carson did the honors of carving Carson's first jack-o-lantern. He was so excited with the concept of giving the pumpkin a face...
...but got a little grossed out with the realities of the task!
We eventually convinced him to stick his hand in that sticky mess...
...but he quickly decided a spoon was a way better option!
Here is the Little Man with his masterpiece...
...which he actually got bored with carving pretty quickly and made Daddy do all the work. He was, however, quite supportive -- telling Daddy, "Oh, Daddy, you GOOD at that!" as he admired the emerging face of the jack-o-lantern.

He was especially excited to put the tea light inside and place his spooky creation on the front porch...
...dude, are you afraid someone is gonna steal it??!

3 comments:

epin said...

I'm so jealous that you went to the SYTYCD show. How was it?

Teresa =) said...

Epin -

It was so much fun! They did most of my favorite dances -- the "bed" dance with Kherington and Twitch, the "door" dance (although Kherington danced for Katee, who is injured), the group dance with the sticks, Katee and Joshua's "No Air," the "briefcase" dance with Chelsea and Mark, "The Garden" (that crazy dance with Mark and Courtney)...

Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT!!!!

Makes us anxious for next season to start...

Teresa =)

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

OH, I loved that dance "the garden"!! I actually downloaded that song, cause I couldn't get it out of my head after seeing it on SYTYCD!! I am also VERY jealous. Post pictures! Pumpkin looks cool. Max had about the same reaction. Must get together soon!

Chelsie