Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Great News Came In The Mail Today...NOT!!

On September 15th, we received a receipt from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Office (USCIS) showing that they received the I-800A form and our application fee for our Federal fingerprints. It has been two weeks and two days since getting that receipt. (Not like I'm counting...)

Every day for two weeks and two days, I have checked the mailbox hopefully...and every day my hopes have been dashed. Until today. Today, I got a very official-looking envelope from the USCIS. My hands were shaking! I could barely open it!

This form didn't look like the fingerprint appointment letter we got for Carson's adoption. Hmmmm...my shaking hands weren't making it any easier, but I was trying desperately to find our date to be fingerprinted.

It's not on there.

This stupid, official-looking document was ANOTHER confirmation that they received our form I-800A. Well, duh, we already knew they had it two weeks and two days ago! Ugghhh...

Still waiting for that fingerprint appointment letter...and hoping not to pull out ALL my hair while I'm waiting!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

poor thing- I feel like pulling my hair out too! We are in the same boat!

Kristin said...

Oh what a bummer!! Got to love the government and the duplicate forms! Dave just went active again in the Army and has gotten several "Welcome to the Army" letters after 10 months of waiting for the process to be completed!! Geesh......

I hope the next letter is the one you are waiting for. :-)

Emily said...

hey theresa-- it's going to be another 2-3 weeks before you get your appointment letter- then another 1.5 weeks till your appt. and then another 5-6 weeks for your 797. we were fingerprinted aug 29th- and we're still waiting for our 797- our file was supposed to be reviewed last week- so hopefully we'll have it any day now-- i know it's taking so long- it's insane! but God's timing is perfect- it will come!

emily

Teresa =) said...

Emily -

All I can say to that is...thanks for the reality check.

And...ugghhhh!!!

Teresa =)

Emily said...

teresa--
sorry chiquita! i know it sucks-- for our 1st adoption-- 2 WEEKS!!!! that's it- and we had our 171-- it now takes 3 MONTHS!!! from the day they receive your application at NBC in missouri- our 3 month mark will be next tuesday. i check the mailbox every day with anticipation! i just want the darn dossier outta here!! so ifeel your pain:)