Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mommy's Fitness Challenge...

As I make myself crazy worrying and wondering when we'll travel to get Molly, it occurred to me that I could use this time more productively. As I swam my laps today (finally got back into the pool!), I decided to set a weight loss goal that I'll try to meet before we travel to China.

I created a weight loss tracker and placed it in the left column of the blog, right under our family picture. (It's a fish since I'll be swimming to lose weight -- get it?!) You'll be able to see how much weight I've lost, NOT how much I actually weigh! I'll try to update it weekly, presuming I make any progress, and do a post when I meet big goals -- like every 10 pounds or so. If I meet this goal, I'll set another...I could SO stand to lose more than 35 pounds anyway!

Any of you bloggers out there want to do the same on your blogs? It'll be a way to keep track of each other's successes and stay motivated. Doesn't matter how you meet your goal or what kind of exercise plan you start, let's just get moving and get healthier!!

Any takers up for the challenge??

8 comments:

wingepr said...

Teresa
I'll join you in that challenge, and it is a challenge. Most (I REFUSE to go buy more - I did buy 2 pair of bigger pants for work, well just because I had to) of my clothes do not fit and I have reached the UNHAPPY stage with it. I'll go get on the scale and if it doesnt break, I'll join YOU! My son is getting married in March 2010 so, I'd like to be a nice size by then! Thanks for the challenge!

Peggy

epin said...

I'll join you in the challenge! I need to lose some weight before China and keeping up with 2 kids!

Carrie said...

I'll join in but not on weight loss but on get back in shape and I'll count the days I do my fitness!

bugs parents said...

I'm in! I've already lost a bit of weight, but still have more to go - probably close to your 35 pounds.

I couldn't figure out how to make those tickers work, so I don't have one on my blog. Any advice?

chinamom said...

Can I play, Though I started 10 days ago and am down almost 6 lbs.
I started Weight watchers again and bout a Wii fit. Even Ethan likes to join in. Good Luck everyone.
TeresaQ

wingepr said...

How are you doing with your diet? I'm trying to eat earlier, and have cut back on my pepsi. And the kids had ice cream last night and I didnt. That was hard! I love sweets, maybe thats my problem.

Meghan said...

I will join too, though I mainly need to get back into a fitness routine:) I walked 3 miles on SAturday!

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

You know I'm up for it!!! I have gained 10 pounds in the year we have had Max!! And before that I needed to loose 10!! So your on girl! I want to loose 20lbs, and I'll say I want to loose it by the time you and Lou Ellen get back with your girls!

Chelsie

PS. I guess girls night out is going to have to get healthy!