Monday, October 13, 2008

This Oughta Be Fun!

I've been "tagged" by my "cyber-friend," Nancy Demetris. I used to hate these "tag" things, but confess I've learned to love them. (You can learn SO much about a blogger by their answers to these things!)
OK, let's go.

Rule #1 - I can't link you to Nancy's blog because it's password protected. I "met" her through my Jan/Feb 2007 LID China group -- then she and her husband switched gears and adopted two adorable children from Japan! Since you can't see their blog, you'll have to take my word for it -- Tripp and Kira are adorable!!

Rule #2 - Seven random and/or weird facts about me (in no particular order):

1. All of the makeup and hair care products in my bathroom MUST have their labels facing to the front. I don't know if this comes from the year I worked at a drug store and learned how to "face" products to the front of the shelves or just my mild (and officially undiagnosed) OCD, but it has become something of an obsession with me.

2. I used to gag at the taste of coffee. When I worked as a court reporter, I made myself learn to like coffee because it would embarrass me to arrive at a lawyer's office for a deposition, be offered coffee, and request tea instead. (Made me feel like a child for some reason, like I was too young and immature to enjoy a good cup 'o joe.) Apparently, it worked...now, I'm officially Starbucks addicted and am also quite partial to the hazelnut iced coffee from McDonald's! However, I rarely drink hot coffee.

3. It was my biggest unaccomplished goal to be a professional singer. My first "real" job was when I sang in my Dad's dance band...I was probably 13 or so at the time and I was probably also pretty awful. As much as I love to sing and dream of being a show-stopping soloist, I crumbled like a stale cookie the one time I auditioned for a solo at Church. Guess I'll just confine my singing to the shower, the car, and the soprano section of the choir.

4. I love the smell of freshly washed hair. Both of my kids know as soon as they finish bathing/showering and getting dressed, they MUST come directly to me so I can smell their hair. (Wow, that sounds really weird...)

5. I check my blog literally 20 or so times every day to see if I have any new comments. I even set up the blog to e-mail me when I have a new comment...I still fear I may miss one and check anyway. The biggest fun for me in blogging is seeing what you all have to say about it. (Wow, that sounds really sad...)

6. When I get really nervous, I break out in hives. As a child, I would break out in hives the night before school started....I did it EVERY year. Once, as an adult, I even broke out in hives (which sent me to the emergency department) because I was planning a Disney vacation and the pressure of planning the "perfect" vacation nearly did me in!

7. I cannot roll over in bed without waking completely up, sitting all the way up, and then turning over. I started doing that while pregnant...readjusting and getting comfortable with my enormous belly was challenging near the end...and I CANNOT break myself of it now.

Rule #3 - Tag seven people:

1. Denise at There's Always Room for One More
2. Kristin at A Family is Forever
3. Peggy at Life With Grace
4. Erin at The Life and Times of "Our" Family
5. Sarah at Sarah's World
6. Donna at Handsful
7. Mary at Ladybugs and Dragonflies

Rule #4 - Let 'em know they've been tagged. I'll handle that ASAP!

Wow, that WAS fun!!

3 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

You're the second person who's tagged me! I love it! I got tagged yesterday and hadn't posted on it yet because of my big giveaway. Look for my answers tomorrow!

wingepr said...

I love learning new things about friends. I had to laugh at the last one. I would never get any sleep.

Peg

Laurie said...

Your seven fact are hilarious...I think the clean hair thing is kind of cute. And you are right - comments are fun! :-)