Baby Steps Are Still Steps...
In my quest for improved fitness, I made the leap today...I attended my first Weight Watchers meeting. I created the weight loss tracker on the blog without doing anything "official" as far as measuring -- I just stepped on the scale at the YMCA and took that number. So, while it looks like I've made no progress, I'm going to go by the number I got today at weigh-in and begin my countdown to the newer, thinner me as of today. My mother-in-law has tried to convince me for years to try Weight Watchers whenever I complained about being overweight. OK, OK...I'm finally listening! (Guess I wasn't really motivated before...my 40th birthday looming in eight weeks combined with the upcoming addition of ANOTHER preschooler to our family gave me the shove I needed to get serious!)
I'm unbelievably fixated on food and hunger today, just because I have learned about the Weight Watchers points system and feel suddenly very deprived. It will help when I'm at work all day and the temptations won't be so available. This is going to be tough...but worth it in the end. I just need to take one day at a time...baby steps to the goal.
I picked Carson up from school after lunch today since he has OT at 4PM. We came home so he could take a quick nap first and I grabbed the mail as we headed into the house. Would you
believe what was in there? FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENTS!!!!! What's better, the appointments are in SIX DAYS! Yes, folks, on Monday at 10AM -- presuming I can get off work, which I WILL be doing, even if I have to call in sick -- we are taking a baby step in this long process...but it's a baby step in the right direction! Once the fingerprints are processed, we will get the long-awaited document that is holding up our dossier -- the I-797C.
Meggie noticed a few weeks ago that we always seem to get good news around birthdays when it comes to adoptions. Last year, we got updated pictures of Carson the day after Meggie's birthday. Then we got an updated picture of Molly the day after Carson's birthday this year. Now, we'll be fingerprinted the day before Molly's birthday.
My birthday is December 9th. Think we'll get our I-797C on the 8th of December!?! Heck, I'd even be OK getting it on the 10th!
One can always hope, can't one?!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Posted by Teresa =) at 1:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Hello, my name is Sherri i'm a first timer on your blog. I saw your blog on a friends who has been tagged by you. I was just noticing the picture you have on the right side of your blog with Molly and I think 4 or 5 other little girls. I know the little girl in the red. She was adopted about that time last year. I haven't met her Mom yet, but we turned out to be good friends.
Congrats on the fingerprinting appt! Hope you get good news around your bday too so things can keep moving along & Molly can come home ASAP! (Our Lorelei was almost a "Molly")
Janis
my b-day is the 8th of december-cool! great news!
Yea, congrats on the fingerprint appt.
I lost one pound, BUT my DH came home with donuts today.
I have been making the effort, I try not to eat late, and am cutting back on the soda. Slowly!
YEAH for fingerprinting appointments!!! (you know how strange that would sound to the non-adopting world?). I hope the 797-C arrives quickly.
I really should jump on board with the losing weight thing but I just don't have the willpower right now. I did about ten years ago. I lost ten pounds by limiting my sugar intake. But then I realized that aspartame in diet drinks caused me to be dizzy (which isn't a good thing!!) and I fell off the bandwagon. Maybe I'll get there once again one day. Until then, I'll cheer for you----perhaps that will inspire me. :-)
Congratulations! It's always nice to get those fingerprinting appointments behind you! I'm behind in my blog reading...I see that you have tagged me! I'll get to it as soon as I possibly can! I have THREE sick little ones AND myself right now! We all caught a bug up in Michigan! Grrrrreat!!! I just wanted to say congratulations on that appointment! And, congrats on your first Weight Watchers meeting too!
Congrats on the fingerprint appointment! Thank goodness it is finally here!
Congratulations on your fingerprint appt - one step closer to Molly! We are waiting for Ella, almost 2 and also in the Hefei CWI.
Also, I want to encourage you with the Weight Watchers. I gained 13lbs after coming home with DD#1 3 years ago, and did WW online to lose it all. It was **so** worth it. Even though I don't log my food daily now, I have a better idea of how many points everything I eat is worth, and that helps me maintain. So go for it and good luck!!
Milinda
maggielinchen.blogspot.com
Yeah for the fingerprint appt. We just got a call yesterday that our I797-C is in the mail. Good news right before my birthday. (which is Friday) Now we just need to send that dossier to China!
Hey...I have been doing weight watchers since April, and have lost 15 pounds. It comes off slower than crash diets, but it stays off. Make sure you really stick to it for at least one month...it really becomes habit after that. I LOVE IT! Good luck! It really works.
Post a Comment