Tuesday, October 21, 2008

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
Yes, our baby girl turns 4 today!! Since we have already sent a care package (complete with photo album), hopefully she is fully aware that this is the last birthday she will spend without her Forever Family.

In case that care package didn't make it to her, we sent a Birthday Care Package through Blessed Kids. Adele Hall, who runs this awesome company, has connections in China and will have a bakery cake sent to the orphanage along with photos of us, a birthday letter that I composed (and she translated for me), and a camera for them to photograph Molly enjoying cake with her friends. They will bring the camera with Molly on Gotcha Day and we'll get the photos printed in China. However, because I'm DYING for new pictures, I paid Adele a tad extra to request digital pictures...hopefully we'll get 'em this week!

We are also having a small birthday cake with dinner tonight to honor Molly's birthday...although Carson isn't very pleased. He doesn't think she should get a birthday since she isn't even here yet. (Little stinker...) He suggested to me this morning that maybe it could just be HIS birthday again. Nice try, Little Man!

Last year, when we had cake for Carson's birthday (which was only six weeks before we traveled to get him), it really put me into a funk. I'm in a better place this time...I don't know why. Maybe because I sent the Birthday Care Package, maybe because Carson is here to keep us occupied during this eternal wait...or maybe I'm just trusting in God's perfect timing and not wishing away the time we have until Molly joins our family. Who knows? Whatever the reason, I'm so excited that halfway around the world our beautiful little girl in Louhe, Henan Province, will be having a surprise birthday cake and be able to feel like a princess for the day!

In other news...

My weight loss tracker reflects my first week of getting serious about my fitness...I lost THREE POUNDS!! I was hoping for bigger progress in my first week of Weight Watchers, but I am proud of myself for learning this crazy "points" system and sticking to it. In addition, I swam laps twice last week and will be able to swim three times this week! How are the rest of you ladies doing?? Updates, please.

I also added another tracker on the blog (under our family picture in the left column) -- to track how long it takes for our fingerprints to process and generate the I-797C. I used a turtle in that tracker on purpose...this process is so S-L-O-W! Hopefully that turtle won't get to take a very long walk in those flowers...

I'll post pics from our little celebration of Molly's birthday later tonight. If you wouldn't mind sending up a prayer that our little girl will know she is loved on this special day, it would truly mean a lot.

9 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

Way to go on the 3 pounds!!! You go girl!!! I think I'm going to have to join you in the weight loss battle. If you've seen the video of my makeover which I posted yesterday then you know WHY!

Do I have to step on a scale though? Can I just guesstimate how much weight I lose? LOL

Teresa =) said...

Denise -

I DID watch the video of your makeover...you look fine to me! I was too busy envying your long, thick hair to notice anything else!

Yes, darling, scales are required in this challenge. Otherwise, I would guesstimate that ice cream was zero points and eat it all day long...

Teresa =)

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

Oh my gosh...3 pounds in your first week is great!!! It comes off slow with weight watchers...but it stays off. The slower it comes off, the longer it stays off!!! I lost another .5 lbs last week. My total is now 16 since I started. Keep it up.

wingepr said...

Happy Birthday Molly

CONGRATS on the 3 pounds, I'm so jealous, i need to move my tinker thing back in the wrong direction.

I just cant for the life of me get going with this weight thing, and I really feel misreable and I know the weight has something to do with it. but I am so happy for you.

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Molly! Just think, next year you can celebrate in style. Carson may not be thrilled but he'll be okay. :-)

epin said...

Happy birthday Molly!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Molly!!! I know how you feel this wait Maybe cause I just started or what is so odd but MJ is so in love with our referral pictures I think she won't be Jealous-I hope! I got MJ 7 days before her Birthday but we will miss the new little one's b-day I will have to save that ladys info- I have ran I think 8 miles or 11 I can't remember so far. I am
running 5 miles in the am and then 8 miles on Saturday for my race- My goal is to run at least 150 miles (altogether) before I get to China! Good luck on the fingerprints stuff and I still have not figured out what the difference in the forms we are doing? I will have to ask someone that knows about this because I am really out of sorts with this new stuff- I just do as I am told!Hehehe! Have a great and blessed day!

Sarah Burggraf said...

Teresa, you've been "tagged". (I apologize AGAIN). Check out my blog for details: www.thetallestbladeofgrass.blogspot.com.

Trish said...

Happy Birthday Molly! I can't wait for you to come home.

Way to go Teresa!

Love you guys!
Trish, Buck, Austin, and IzzyB