Friday, November 7, 2008

Birthday Pictures of Molly!

Continuing the Journey has switched it up a little! It is now Meggie's turn to blog! So exciting, I know!

I'm not sure if my mom told you all or not, but we sent Molly a birthday cake a few weeks back and asked for new pictures. I felt like the e-mail took FOREVER to arrive, I asked my mom everyday about them, hopefully I was not too annoying! (: Well, today was the day, and my first response for some odd reason was, "Does she have hair?" I know it seems like a silly question, but I want to doll up my baby sister the moment we get her! I've already started making my mom buy little cute bows and such from Target! Haha, anyways I'm sure you all would LOVE to see these photos of my adorable little sister! So take a peek at our little Molly Jayne! (: P.S. These were taken the 29th of October, eight days after her birthday.

Our sweet little girl on her belated birthday!
What a messy little girl, with icing all over!
Sharing with friends....
Looks like she gets babied too -- lucky for Grandma B! Haha
Doesn't it look like they are eating cake with a pitchfork?! Not the smartest idea!
What a cutie!
And the best for last....
Could you not just eat her up?!

My mom told me that Molly's birthday cake was nicer than her wedding cake! How crazy is that?! Actually, that is just pitiful, but it is alright! Hahaha(: I am SO ready to go get Miss Molly, not only to get out of school for two weeks (WOOHOO!) but to FINALLY spoil her and make her the fashionable little thing she will be.

Also, I'd like to prove to my mom that I am THE best blogger in the family, and to do so I have a challenge. I want to see if I can recieve more comments on this post than ANY other post she has written. Think ya'll could do that? I hope so, and I know a few of my mom's cyber-friends will do that job! (Ms. Denise, Ms. Kristin, Ms. Donna and Ms. Erin, that job is for you!) Hahaha, so let's show my mom who the 'excellent blogger' of the family is! (:

As for now, I'm off to pack up my dance costumes, pounds of homework, and travel needs for a dance competition tomorrow! Hope you all enjoyed my writings!(:

P.S. Ms. Emily, I'll be praying for you and your family as you travel to Ben and hope he is getting better!

23 comments:

Teresa =) said...

Geez, I take a tiny little nap and look who takes over the blogging duties!! Great job, Megster!

Just so you all know, Meggie's little "Comments Challenge" was entirely her idea. She gets SO irritated when I get compliments on my blog and swears she can do better. I love you, Meg, but I AM an "excellent blogger"...

Don't you all just LOVE those pictures??!!

Teresa =)

Heather said...

Absolutely fabulous pictures!!! I just love Molly's big smile!

Heather

joanna and scott said...

Molly is ADORABLE!!! The pictures are wonderful!! And good job with the blogging Meggie!!

Denise Grover Swank said...

Meggie, excellent job! You should be a guest blogger more often OR even get your own blog :>) I would visit! I'll even add you to my blog list if you like.

I love, love, love the pictures of the cutest little girl in China! What a HUGE cake! I know you all love getting those pictures but I bet its even harder to wait now. Hoping you get a speedy LOA!

OK, Meggie, I did my part to help you out! Can I comment twice?

Sorry Teresa...

Kristin said...

Way to go Meggie!! What a great post about your adorable little sister. :-)

I know you can't wait to get her home. I imagine you'll be like my Katie: hollering out "make up time" or "hair time" and having Molly come running for some big sister fun.

Oh, and Katie has taken over my posting duties at times as well. Not recently but on our old site. I was falling down on the job.

What can I say? I am old and tired----sometimes anyhow!!!

Winter Casciari said...

Awesome post, Meggie!

And what a cutie of a baby sister you've got! Wonderful photos; I can't believe your mom fell asleep on the job and let you beat her to posting them!

Keep up the good work, Meggie, and you might actually wrest the "most excellent blogger" title away from your loquacious mom!

- Billie, Joe, Anna and Will

Mary said...

Great post, Meggie! I LOVE the photos of Molly...she is absolutely beautiful! Your mom is right about the cakes - the bakeries there in China can make cakes good enough for the cover of a magazine!

Emily said...

great job Meggie-- and thank you for your prayers-- we are in San Fran right now waiting for our Beijing flight- i wish we had time to visit the orphanage to take more pictures of Molly, but we'll only be there (ZZ) for 3 days. your sister is a cutie-- hang in there!

Doug and Terrye said...

How precious! She just seems so happy :)

Terrye in FL

Donna said...

Meggie, I'm here for ya', girl! Great post...your mom might be out of a "job". hee hee!

Molly is a DOLL, and yes, I could totally squeeze her to pieces. That little girl is going to be quite the princess once she's home. :)

Donna said...

Oh...and, best wishes on the competition. (counts as TWO comments!)

Denise Grover Swank said...

OK, so I HAVE to know, Teresa what is your highest comment count? Are you really going to let your teenage daughter out comment you? Of course, who COULDN'T comment with those precious pictures of Molly?

ww said...

This blog always makes me smile and you guys are always so creative - switching bloggers and comments contest! Great job Meggie! Love the cake photos - Molly is precious. That was strange that Meggie asked if Molly had hair and she was the only one in the photos with hair! Or is that normal in her orphanage?

Wendy

Redmom2005 said...

Well, Meggie....I think you did a GREAT job if I may say so myself! And, I LOVE the birthday pictures of Molly! How WONDERFUL that you received so many! That cake looks YUMMY!! I can't wait to see Molly once Meggie gets her hands on the little diva!!
:)
Erin

meggie (: said...

Well, it looks like the teenager is going win this contest. Does that mean I get the title?(;

Teresa =) said...

Oh, how quickly we turn! My cyber-friends have gone to the dark side...supporting the teenager in her quest to oust me as the "most excellent blogger" in our family. Well, just so you all know, my largest comment count was 27 -- the day we announced Molly's referral. (I went through every post from this blog and from Journey to Carson, to be sure I was being accurate.) And that was NOT people commenting TWICE (you know who you are...Donna and Denise, I'm talking to YOU!) just to up the count!! Also, people asked me questions in their comments to force me to post again...upping the count yet again. What a sneaky group you all are!!

And, Wendy, we were shocked (happily so) that Molly still had her hair while the rest of the bunch seems to have been recently shaved. We're hoping they are letting her keep her hair (crazy as it is!) since they know she's being adopted. Or maybe they'll just wait to scalp her until right before we arrive...

Sorry, my dear Meggie, but Mommy is still winning this contest. Nice try, though...

Teresa =)

Laurie said...

Great blogging. Meggie! (And Teresa - I am not going over to the darkside...I love your entries, too!) BUT, I want to encourage the fledgling blogger and obviously FABULOUS big sister! Can't wait to see you as a family of FIVE!

art said...

Great Job Meggie!! You did a wonderful job! Molly looks so beautiful and happy!

Adreanna

Kim said...

It looks like Molly had a great birthday party. I loved looking at all of the pictures and zoomed in to see if there were any babies in those cribs just to see that the little ones were also enjoying the cake. Kim

wingepr said...

you and your mom always crack me up. This morning you have reduce me to tears. What beautiful pictures, I cant wait to see photos of the two of you, oops, Sorry Carson, the three of you.

Peggy

Redmom2005 said...

Hey, Meggie...I see your mom says that her highest comment count was 27. So far there are 20 comments posted for you! Will it help you win if I keep coming back to leave more messages every 10 minutes or so?! Er no?!
P.S. Tell your mom I still love her :)

Ashley and Mike said...

I love the cake pictures! Priceless

demetrisfamily said...

Awesome job Meggie! You're following in your mom's footsteps for sure! The pics of Molly's birthday party brought tears to my eyes and I can't wait to follow your journey when it's time to travel. What a beautiful little sister you & Carson will have and hands down, you are the BEST big sis!

Nancy