It's The Little Things That Make a Mother Proud...
Due to some unfortunate issues in my extended family right after we got home from China last year -- which we have hopefully resolved now -- my siblings (except for Debbie, of course) have had very little contact with Carson. We decided it was time to change that.
Sunday, my siblings (minus my sister, Nikki, who had to work) and their kids, my parents, and my kids and I met up for an afternoon of fun and bowling. We had SUCH a good time!! My brother, Terry, and his wife, Tina, bought prizes for best and worst score...Meggie was especially proud to win the worst score prize in the kids' division. (See, Meggie, that many gutter balls isn't always a bad thing!)
Carson was the only one who got to use the bumpers. He had a great time with all of his cousins (some of whom he had never met), but still managed to need this between turns......a cool-off period over the blowing air on the ball return. Doesn't he look like a pro?!
After bowling for a few hours, we all headed out to dinner. Carson was (as usual) the life of the party. He was in full goofball mode and the laughter from the kids' booth was contagious! Here he is "holding court" with his much older cousins......who laughed and laughed at his crazy commentary and silly faces. Fun was truly had by all!
Last night, I was getting Carson's tae kwon do uniform out of the package to wash it and figured you all might enjoy a peek...Is it just me, or would you be afraid to come across that Little Man in a dark alley?! Daddy told him he couldn't smile, so he put on his best "mean" face...I think it really does complete the outfit! I will say he is awfully proud of himself for knowing a bit of karate. Since his physical issues make a lot of the moves difficult if not impossible for Carson, I am extremely proud of him for sticking with it!
Oh, I almost forgot...Terry and Tina brought small prizes for Carson and Baby Sophia since they were unable to compete in the bowling contest. (Although, for the record, Carson WAY outscored Meggie both games...) Anyway, Carson was SO excited! When we got home, he kept telling Daddy he won at bowling! Daddy kept asking, "Are you sure you won?" "Yep. I got a punkin trophy!" What is a "punkin trophy," you ask......the cute punkin -- I mean, pumpkin night light he "won." He was sure if he got a trophy, that meant he was the winner. I do understand the logic in that...
Speaking of moments that make a Mother proud, Carson's daily report from school today mentioned that he got in trouble for using "potty words" while the kids were working on their activity books. Potty words? I was SO afraid to find out just what he said. (Wouldn't YOU be?!)
When Carson knows he is in trouble, he uses the I-don't-really-understand-English routine and pretends he's unsure what you're talking about. I tried to be upbeat, assuring him he wasn't in trouble, but that I really needed to know what he said. It finally came out...he called his friend Cameron, a "poopy-head." Whewwwwww!! While I'm not advocating for name-calling at school, it could have been a lot worse than that! (When asked where he learned that word, he said Cameron taught him. Hmmmm...)
We had a serious talk about calling people names that weren't so nice and he assured me he would tell Cameron not to do it anymore. Tell Cameron not to do it?! Wait a minute...we're talking about YOU, Little Man!Ooops...busted!!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Posted by Teresa =) at 4:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'm so happy that you got together with your family! That's GREAT! Tell Meggie it's okay...I stink at bowling too! I reserve the right to claim that trophy one day!! :)
I keep hoping to see that you sent your Dossier!! I want this little girl to come home (not as bad as YOU do, of course)...but, I can't wait to follow along AGAIN!! Hurry, hurry, hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wesley uses that same potty-word! I don't know where they learn it, but they sure pick it up quickly. Sounds like everyone had a great time.
He looks SO MEAN!! Bowling looks like a blast. Can't wait to get together again. Email me and let me know the dates you are open!
Chelsie
Amy does the EXACT same thing when she gets into trouble-- all of a sudden, she loses all knowledge of the Engliash language and just repeats the last word you say!!! arghh!!
Post a Comment