Saturday, January 31, 2009

Random Things That I Love...

Did you ever just sit back and think about things that make you smile? Things about the people in your house that just make your world a better place?

Well, I did that today.

Things I love about my husband...

...he makes me breakfast (including flavored iced coffee) and packs my lunch every day!
...he cooks dinner every night, gets excited about new recipes, and NEVER complains that he's the primary chef of our family!
...hearing him tell Carson a bedtime story! (Even though I'm typically the mean monster in his stories...)
...he lets Carson win when they wrestle in the family room!
...the fact that he goes to work late so he can drive Meggie to school, rather than having her catch the bus in the snow when school is on a delay!
...he lets me go to bed ahead of him so I'll be asleep and his snoring won't keep me up!

Things I love about The Teenager...

...when she's bored, she organizes, cleans, and bakes! (She organized Carson's toys and our pantry yesterday and is currently making cinnamon muffins!)
...the fact that she's not your typical teenager!
...that she'll loudly sing songs from the "Wicked" soundtrack with me while she tries to teach me how to use a flat iron!
...her blog!
...hearing her talk about Carson and Molly Jayne!
...watching her with little kids! (She's going to be a great teacher someday...)
...her fashion sense and her willingness to share it with her Mom!
...the fact that she actually misses me when I'm at work...and tells me so!

Things I love about the Little Man...

...he sings made-up songs -- very, VERY loudly -- while spending "quality time" on the toilet!
...he really, truly thinks he can dance!
...he thinks he knows the words to the Veggie Tales theme song! (He does not...)
...whenever he is feeling especially grateful, he tells me, "Mommy, I LUB you!"
...our nightly ritual of snuggling in my bed, after reading two books, and making up silly bedtime stories! (He's always the superhero, I'm typically the mean monster...wonder where he learned that?!)
...hearing him try to say our phone number!
...the fact that he will address total strangers as if they are his best friends! ("Hi! What's your name? Wow, you really BIG!")
...his chubby cheeks! (They jiggle when he walks!)

I probably could go on and on. Suffice it to say, I'm feeling especially grateful today!!

10 comments:

Emily said...

ahhh that is soo sweet-- please send meggie over here when she is bored- plenty! to organize, and i could use some freshly baked goods!
isn't carson from bengbu?? or is it hefei?? amy is from bengbu and is LOUD!!!!!!!!!! as well! must be a learned trait from talking over everyone!

Teresa =) said...

He's from Hefei...and he came to us loud! He used to shout Chinese commentary pretty much non-stop. Now it's just in English, but still loud and non-stop!

BTW, you CANNOT have my Teenager. She's way too wonderful to share!!!

Teresa =)

Kristin said...

What a very sweet post! I love it. You truly have a special family.

And, I have a child also who loves to sing in the bathroom during quality time. Come to think of it, she's loud too. Hmm. :-)

Jane Ellen said...

That's so funny... Emmy Xiang sings on the toilet, too! How funny... must be in their chinese blood (not that you would know they are chinese by the way they act... they americanize sooo quickly). Haha.

Isn't God so good to give us family. Don't know what I'd do without them.

~Katie :)

Denise Grover Swank said...

I love your list. Sometimes its nice to think of the great things our family means to us.

My Ryan is L.O.U.D. He's always shouting. I have to tell him to be quieter and then he moves his lips and no sound comes out, which he thinks is hysterical. Quite the comedian. ;>)

Carrie said...

Wow How sweet!

wingepr said...

ahhhhhhhh, You do have so very much to be grateful for!!!!!!!

Kristin said...

Psst. Go check out my blog for your award. :-)

wingepr said...

Check my blog, i left you an award!

Peggy

meggie (: said...

Awh shucks mom!(: Maybe you should go take a peek at the post I just did... it is from our WONDERFUL night.

loveyouuu<3