Monday, February 2, 2009

Doing My Happy Dance...

...but, unfortunately, doing it very slowly and carefully, since I seem to have pinched a nerve in my neck last night!! I can't turn my head in either direction and can't lift my right arm above shoulder level. Are you KIDDING me?!?!?! Uggghhhh...

Why am I Happy Dancing, you ask? Why, thanks for asking. Let me tell you.

First off, the Steelers won the Super Bowl. While I don't rightly give a rip who wins the Super Bowl (or even who plays in the Super Bowl for that matter), my dear husband was REALLY rooting for the Steelers. We were at a HUGE Super Bowl party last night full of Arizona fans... and while some of the events of the evening do NOT make me look particularly intelligent (and those who read Meggie's blog already know why), it was a fun evening full of great food, wild and crazy children, and a lot of laughs. (And a couple of nasty nosebleeds, but I digress...) The Steelers pulling it off in the last few minutes was the icing on the cake, as they say!

Is that enough motivation for this old gal to be Happy Dancing?? No, of course not. I'm also Happy Dancing because my dear friend, Sarah, gave me a very special gift yesterday...
...a framed, handmade birth/adoption announcement to put in Molly's room. A photo does NOT do this work of art justice and I was SO excited to get it yesterday! Now Molly has a wonderful keepsake to match the one Sarah made for Carson...
...almost two years ago! (Can you believe we got his referral in May of 2007?!) Thanks for the wonderful treasures, Sarah -- that's why you're my BFFM!! Well, that plus your devastating beauty and wicked sense of humor!! (Inside joke, folks...)

But wait...there's more!

Yesterday, I received ANOTHER blog award...from two different blog friends! Both Kristin and Peggy gave me the Friendship Award:
Here are the rules to win this award:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find friends and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships will be propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

Honest to goodness, I don't feel I deserve this award (and certainly not TWICE)...my blog really has no aim! (I'm the Seinfeld of bloggers...) But I certainly love to find friends and be a friend...plus I'm exceedingly greedy when it comes to awards...so I'll take it!!

I need to select eight bloggers to receive this award...but I truly need to go lie down on the heating pad right now to help with the searing pain in my neck, shoulder, and upper back. Let me work on it and I'll get back to you.

Oh, before I forget...one more thing...

OUR I-797C ARRIVED IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the uninformed observer, this means nothing. But to those of us in the adoption world, we know that this elusive document is the last step to finishing our dossier and getting our paperwork sent off to China!! Paperwork arriving in China starts the clock to travel. FINALLY!!

Since I'm in so much stinkin' pain, if you all would do a little Happy Dance in my honor today and allow me to rest, I would be ever so grateful...

12 comments:

Sarah Burggraf said...

Awww! What a masterpiece! I'm glad you like it. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You dance away!! You have many reasons to do a jig!

bugs parents said...

We will be happy to do a dance for you!!! What exciting news! (and look at you, putting it at the bottom of your post!)

Hope you feel better soon. You need to - to get that dossier on it's way to China!

Emily said...

there is so much happy dancing goin' on over here i'm my own party!!! no go do all the signature thingys and get that puppy off to china!

hope you feel better-:)

Lou Ellen said...

Congrats on the I797!!! You are officially on your way!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Although we don't know all the steps in the adoption process, I can tell this one was an important one for you! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

PS~ I am sure Bry would LOVE to do a HAPPY DANCE with you! :)

Teresa =) said...

Kathryn -

I'm fairly certain Bryan is WAY too talented to share a dance floor with me!! But thanks for the offer...

Teresa =)

Denise Grover Swank said...

Congrats on the I-797!!! I'd try to be more witty or sweet but I'm tired!!!

Naenay1012 said...

WOOHOO, we are waiting on the little paper too.

Heather said...

Congrats on the I-797!! Just did a happy dance for you but I hope you're feeling better by now.

wingepr said...

We're dancing in Charleston at this very moment.

Once step closer to that little princess!!!!!

Peggy