Thursday, January 1, 2009

Starting the New Year Off Right!

Since the hustle and bustle of Christmas was so overwhelming this year (especially since I just started a new job), we didn't get a care package together for Molly. Meggie and I handled that today!

Rather than send our own stuff (with little guarantee if it will ever arrive), we sent a care package through Ann at Red Thread China. Many in the adoption community know Ann as the woman who will meet you in Guangzhou and go shopping with you. I wanted so badly to shop with her when we were in China adopting Carson, but we had official business to do on the only day she was going during our stay in Guangzhou. (Maybe when we go back to adopt Molly...)

Anyway, we didn't send a cake this time. This time, we sent a PJ care package! It was so fun to shop on Ann's site. In addition to the PJs, a blanket, and a doll for Molly, we also added an outfit for Molly, tea for the foster family, candies for the nannies, a camera, and a letter. Don't know if we'll get any pictures right away...probably not...but at least Molly will know we're thinking about her!

At the end of January, just in time for Chinese New Year, we'll be sending a cake care package again.

Are we spoiling our baby girl already??!! We're surely trying to!

3 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

I was just thinking to myself "Hey, I think Teresa should get a Wii so she can get a Wii Fit to help with her weight loss." Just sayin'

xoxoxoxoxo

{Psst, Meggie, how was that???}

Oh, and I TOTALLY like Meggie's idea of coming for a visit! I promise to give you the royal treatment if you come!

epin said...

Rats, I wish that I knew about Red Thread China a week ago. We used another company to order a package for Pax. This company seems to have nicer stuff at lower prices.

Carrie said...

That is so cool! I need to check her out!