It's Amazing How Happy a Picture Can Make Me These Days...
Bill and Midge, from Bringing Home Michelle, sent a camera to Michelle in a care package while they were waiting to travel. In the pictures off of that camera were many that included Molly (since Michelle and Molly were foster sisters) and they were gracious enough to send me copies. According to the letter Midge sent with the pictures, all of these pictures were taken between September and the end of November. Wow!!
Care to see 'em? Oh, you're too busy...OK, maybe some other day.
Just kidding!!
First, a quick shot of the playground at the orphanage:
By the way, Carson and Meggie were QUITE upset that Molly has access to a trampoline at the orphanage, yet our trampoline blew away in the hurricane winds in September. Get over it, ya spoiled rotten kids!
The next picture doesn't have Molly in it, but is a great close-up of the foster mother and teenaged foster sister (in white):
We love this next picture for four reasons: (1) Molly is in it, (2) Molly is smiling, (3) Molly has BOWS in her hair, and (4) Michelle is holding a stuffed dog we sent to Molly in our first care package -- which means the package arrived and she got it!
By the way, Molly is the cutie pie in yellow.
Another "hair bow" picture...while we can't see Molly's face really well, her hair is looking FABULOUS!
Apparently, Michelle was feeling a bit "smoochy" in this one...
...they are both waving to the camera in this one...
...and Molly has a classic "Carson furrowed brow" look about her in this one.
If she makes that face often once she's home with us, people are going to think she and Carson are twins!
We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture, 'cause it looks like Molly is making a proclamation of some sort...
...but this one is the absolute best of the bunch!
Words will never express how much we appreciate these pictures...but I'm sure Bill and Midge know EXACTLY how we feel since they received pictures of Michelle during their wait. What an awesome end to a pretty stressful week!!
Friday, January 2, 2009
Posted by Teresa =) at 3:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


19 comments:
She is positively adorable! And you are very, very spoiled! But that's a GOOD thing!
What a doll. I cannot wait until the next reunion tour when I get to meet her!
Trish
AWWW!!! I loved seeing these on your blog - they do look so sweet together! I especially liked the one of Molly walking in the background - it's a little blurry, but she looks so happy! So glad we could share these with you. Hope to see pictures of her in your arms very soon.
Happy New Year! What wonderful photos of your precious Molly! It had the be one of the greatest gifts you received this holiday. Look who's been posting like mad - I don't know how you do it! You work and manage everything at home plus battled a bug. I'm impressed! Looks like you all had a very nice Christmas and Santa impressed Carson this year.
Congrats on the new job and can't wait to follow your journey to China once again!
Nancy
I love that smile!!!!! I can not wait to see Molly and Carson together.
Happy New Year
Peggy
How is the foot?
Those are GREAT pictures! I have been following your blog for a few weeks now since I sent Meggie a picture of our daughter for her project. Molly is adorable!! And I love her name too!!
Oh, she is just precious! I can't wait until I can finally add her to our roster at church :)
How precious...and I thought the same thing about the furrowed brow, oh my gosh she looks just like Carson! ;-) Happy New Year!
Wow! What a blessing those photos are! As for her furrowed brow, I SWEAR that I thought that Molly and Carson looked exactly alike the first moment you announced your referral! I have a feeling you will be getting the 'twins question' quite frequently. :-)
WOW!!!!! WHAT A GIFT!!!! I would have killed to have so many pictures of when Max was at the orphanage. This will be so important to her when she is older. I can't wait to meet her!
Chelsie
Hi Theresa,
My thoughts exactly! I was over the moon on Friday morning to see Heather and Megan's pictures of our little man posted.
Your daughter is beatuiful-actually all your kids are beautiful!
Happy New Year,
Diana (fellow CCAI mom to 2-1 home and 1 almost home...come on USCIS!)
Greetings from Michigan! We're in upper Michigan for the weekend! I'm glad I took time to look at your blog!! I love the new pictures!! Isn't it nice to see her foster mom?!! She looks like a wonderful lady! I'm sure she's taking good care of your Molly!! But, I can't wait to see her with her "forever" mom!! Soooooon, I hope!! Where's the darn fingerprinting clearance?!! Are you STILL waiting on it?!!
How wonderful!
All those photos of little Molly are so cute! And how priceless to have such a great photographic log of her life in China. - Kelly
Well, I think you got it all wrong. They are not waving in the pictures. Those are obviously "gang" signs. I believe they are from the infamous Chinese "hurryupandgetoverherebeforeIhaftasmackyou" gang. There is no doubt that they both are giving secret signs regarding their adoptive families. If you look closely in a couple of the pics, Molly is clearly giving what looks like the "peace" sign with fingers together. In the next frame, the fingers are apart. Although the layperson would think it was a "peace" sign, the trained eye can see that it is a gang symbol for scissors meaning, "if you don't hurry and get over here and get me, I will "cut you" (in Bon Qui Qui style). There are several other signs being given by the children, but I don't want
to interpret them for fear you may be intimidated. As a friend...I thought I should share this with you. Just doing my job.
See you Thursday!
Gina
OMG, Gina...you are HILARIOUS!! I truly laughed out loud when I read that one!!!!
See you Thursday!
Teresa =)
It figures...the pictures in which she looks the cutest, she's wearing the worst clothes. That last dress reminds me of a Dr. Suess character!! I can't wait until we can take her shopping :-)
lovely, lovely pictures!!! I am thrilled for you guys and hope she is in your arms soon.
WOW! What a gift to have so many photos of your little girl and her friends and caretaker/foster family. They will mean a lot to you all one day!
Post a Comment