Friday, May 29, 2009

Can Somebody Stop the World? I Need a Breather!

The LOA arrived via Fed-Ex on Wednesday, we signed the documents, provided the required copies for the immigration paperwork, and sent it all back. Now we have to figure out how to get the cash together, like, NOW! We thought we were looking at a 3-5 month wait for the LOA...it arrived in six weeks! GULP! It's OK...it will work out. I will move whatever mountains are between us and our baby girl, don't you worry!

Unfortunately, Tuesday at work -- about three hours before I got the e-mail that our LOA had arrived at our agency -- I was told that my workload at the College was immediately increasing so I could cover for a co-worker who was taking a family leave. (Increasing work, not increasing pay...where I work, nursing educators are salaried employees.) Suddenly, I have to coordinate the schedules of seven students who are finishing up their externship hours before they head off to graduation on June 19th.

Also, my sister Nikki is getting married tomorrow. (Wow, I feel old. I was fourteen when she arrived in this world and I distinctly remember the day she was born!) Since my kids and I are in the wedding party, that means we are spending today picking up Carson's tuxedo and getting things ready for the rehearsal tonight and the full day of festivities tomorrow.

Needless to say, I have left little time for blogging this week. Sorry to leave you hanging, my loyal fans.

Here's a teaser of things to come:

  • An amazing rose
  • Wet children and a clean car
  • Carson first Memorial Day parade
  • Nikki's wedding
Hope that's enough to keep you coming back for more!

5 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

They aren't wasting time on those LOA's lately! You'll get it all together!

Carrie said...

So happy for your guys! I would keep coming back no mater what! I will be praying for you guys!

demetrisfamily said...

Congrats on receiving your LOA! I haven't had time to check out my favorite blogs lately (yours being one of them) but it was nice to see your wonderful news! I'm sure that you'll get what you have to done - as busy as you are these days. You have such a beautiful family and we just have to meet up one of these days!

ww said...

What a coincidence! My brother who is also 14 years younger than me just got married the day after your sister! Congrats on LOA, Wendy

wingepr said...

Congrats on the LOA!!!! Sorry so late. Facebook is a little addictive. I cant wait to follow you guys back to China!!!!!!!