Sunday, May 31, 2009

Miss Meggie Teaches Preschool...

As the final project for Meggie's Child Development class, she and her classmates had to create activities for a Preschool Play Day, invite a bunch of real preschoolers, and...and...and keep them all from killing each other or catching the high school on fire, I guess. The high schoolers were graded individually on their performance during the Play Day and on their interactions with the kids.

I picked Carson up from his "real" preschool after lunch and brought him to the high school to be one of Miss Meggie's students. As we pulled up, I was impressed to see the high schoolers went through the trouble to decorate the entrance for the little ones.
I dropped Carson off and left. I didn't want to stay because I wanted Miss Meggie to have to be the authority figure with Carson, not me. When I came back, here is what I saw...
...Carson sitting in Miss Meggie's lap, listening attentively to the student at the front of the room. Bravo, Miss Meggie! How DID you get him to be attentive? After the speaker thanked the preschoolers for their cooperation and dismissed them to their parents, Carson dug into his goody bag and found...
...a whistle?! What were the high schoolers thinking when they put THAT in a goody bag? Yikes! Anyway, I thought I'd grab a picture of Miss Summer and Miss Meggie at their activity table where the kids decorated foam visors.
Since the high schoolers had to clean up the mess made by the preschoolers, Carson and I headed out to the parking lot to kill a little time...
...and he got awfully irritated with the slow pace of the clean-up...
...because he knew we were headed to his favorite dessert spot when Meggie was finished...
...our local ice cream shop housed in a giant ice cream cone!
In that last picture, I believe he was saying, "Come on, Mommy. Stop taking pictures. I want ICE CREAM!"
Ahhhhh, that's better!

Oh and by the way...Meggie got an "A" on her final project. Knowing her and her awesome way with kids, you can't tell me you're surprised.

5 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

Tell me that Meggie has some future plans in childhood education because she would be so excellent at it.

My kids would be begging to get ice cream from a giant ice cream cone. Seriously. But I have to ask, what flavor is Carson's cone???

Bill and Midge said...

They gave the kids the whistles when they left, not during their time with them. Perhaps they are smarter than you think!(: Ha!

Carrie said...

Good Job Meggie! To bad you don't live closer I could have dropped Andrew off too!

The Gress Family said...

Theresa,
Looks like Meggie and Carson had a fun time. I love Carson's shirt and his pouty face in the picture of him sitting down in the parking lot. Where is that ice cream place located?

When do you work at CCHMC? I only work every 3rd weekend. Hope to see you there sometime!

Stacy

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Hi, haven't been on your blog for a bit, busy end of the year stuff, but I see in one of your photos THE CONE!! I knew you lived near me!! I recognized Carson's name from the FCC group and now Iknow for sure you are local. :)

Anyway, love the stories you weave. Your daughter is a beauty and Carson a hansome guy. :) Hope to meet you one day! Next adventure is China and bringing your sweet girl home. :)