Monday, June 1, 2009

Gifts and Chores...

Since Mother's Day was overshadowed -- well, actually, just not celebrated -- in our house this year because Meggie and I spent the day at a dance competition, I forgot to mention I did get a gift from my firstborn...
...a single red rose. She actually bought it as something of a joke when we were shopping for supplies before leaving for the competition that weekend...at Walgreen's. Well, that red rose lasted a solid two weeks! Roses NEVER last that long under my care. I'm lucky to get a few good days. The picture above was taken fourteen days after she gave me the rose. Yes, it was turning color and obviously beginning to wither, but the petals were still soft and intact. Amazing!

Something else that amazes me (whew, I was struggling for a segue here) is how meticulous Meggie is with her car. After all, she has absolutely no problem leaving stray bobby pins, used tissues, empty water bottles, gum wrappers, etc. all over my minivan. But that cute little car of hers is always neat and orderly. It kinda bugs me, if you want to know the truth.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago Meggie was bored on a Saturday afternoon and decided to wash her car. WHAT?!?! That girl doesn't do manual labor. Ever. What's more, she invited Carson to help. Doing manual labor AND voluntarily keeping the Little Man occupied...I was more than a bit suspicious.

After a bit, I looked out the window when I heard Carson shrieking.
Was that a freak rain shower?
Well, it must have passed quickly because Carson was right back to work in the soapy bucket.
What in the world? Another freak rain shower?!?!
Ahhhh, no rain shower...just an evil big sister. Carson is a member of the if-you-can't-beat-'em-join-'em club...
...so he grabbed a sponge and started washing his belly. Wait, what is the evil big sister up to now...
...well, that makes a Mommy proud. My daughter is such a proper young lady...NOT!
Carson, did she spit that water in your eye?! GROSS!!
At least they're playing nice now. I just wish they would stop drinking from the nasty garden hose and come inside (about 20 feet from where they were standing) to grab a bottled water.

Kids!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

oh what fun! Love the pictures!