Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Feeling Much Better, Thank You!

While nurses are notoriously NOT the best patients, I have been trying to take it easy. The problem is that I know I have to be back on my feet and ready to run in eight days, so I'm pushing myself a bit more than I should probably be doing (bite your tongue, Gina!) in an effort to get my body ready for this China trip. Despite a few setbacks and a possible infected incision, I truly feel like I'm over the hump and heading toward a quick and complete recovery.

We got our final travel arrangements today. We leave next Wednesday at 9AM and will arrive in Beijing on Thursday evening at 10:30PM...after a layover in Seattle, Washington, that is. We will spend a couple of days adjusting to the time difference and touring Beijing, then we'll be headed to Zhengzhou, Henan Province on Sunday, August 2nd. Gotcha Day will be the morning of Monday, August 3rd...which will actually be Sunday night in the U.S. We will then spend the rest of the week in Henan Province, flying to Guangzhou on Friday evening, August 7th.

We will be spending our week in Guangzhou at The White Swan -- the quite famous hotel where most adoptive families stay during this part of the trip. (For Carson's trip, we chose instead to stay at The Victory Hotel where we got a suite for less money than a room at The White Swan. This time, we weren't give a choice.)

We head home Friday morning, August 14th and...after layovers in Tokyo, Japan and Minneapolis, Minnesota and gaining half a day from the time difference...will land in our home state on Friday evening, August 14th, around 8PM.

I will, of course, be blogging daily. If I have trouble blogging from China (which can happen), I will be e-mailing posts to the Megster and she will post them for me...so bear with us. Don't know how much more blogging I'll be doing this week...this surgery has robbed me of what could have been four productive days. So, now we're into planning overdrive.

Check back...

13 comments:

Trish said...

I am glad you guys are getting to tour in Beijing this time. Your time there last time was just so restful:)

At this point I am so excited I can't stand it! Love to all.
Trish

Carrie said...

So happy for you- please take it easy! I wish I lived closer I would come do your shopping and cleaning for you! I'd even pack your bags! Hugs Carrie

wingepr said...

OK, sorry I've been so busy, I havent had a chance to check in. Surgery, did you have more?
Are you ok?
You leave next week, WOW, I'm looking forward to following your journey. Have a safe trip and post those pictures.

Kristin said...

Good golly, I am SO behind! I didn't even realize you'd already had your surgery. Geesh. Better get caught up, huh?

Glad your trip is booked but, oh my, what a schedule? Changing planes all the time.

Spend these next few days with Meggie and Carson. Don't worry about blog land. Meggie can get us cauught up once you are in the air.

Megs....take some pictures now while mom isn't watching! Post them later. :-)

Can't wait to see Molly!!

Bill and Midge said...

Can't wait, can't wait!!! I'm praying you will be 100% by next week. (or at least close to that for your travels.)

At least you will get an adoption Barbie for Molly when you stay in the White Swan!

Have a great trip - we will be following your journey with joy!

Anonymous said...

That friend, Gina, sounds wise. I think you might try listening to her.
Remember to take it easy with the packing. You still have a lifting restriction!
g

Jane Ellen said...

Let me tell ya: you won't be disappointed with the White Swan!! We LOVED it! The breakfast is the best part, (or it could be the turn down service with complimentary chocolates!:) I can't wait to hear more!

Katie

The Gress Family said...

Theresa,
Glad to hear your surgery went well. I can't believe you will be seeing your little girl in just over a week from now. Take it easy so you feel good for your trip.

Stacy

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

You guys are actually flying to Guangzhou on our family day (two years ago that is!) Pack lots and lots of tank tops, as it is SO HOT! Hope you guys have smooth trip!

-Chelsie, Alan, and Max

Donna said...

I've obviously not been here much lately,sorry! Glad your gall bladder surgery went well and that you were NOT surprised with that in China!!! My husband had his out years ago and it resolved his tummy isses! I'm so excited to watch your journey to Molly Jayne!!

Heather said...

I've been traveling too much but wanted to drop by to wish you HAPPY TRAVELS! I'm so excited that you're soon to be on your way to Molly! Take it easy and rest so you're ready for your sweet baby girl:)

Heather (FL)

Nicole said...

Feel better soon!!!!! Can't wait to follow your journey this time!!

Email me, please, if you get a chance... I have a question ;o)

ngower8875@embarqmail.com

hugs,
Nicole

Nancy said...

I haven't checked your blog lately..busy over here. Wow! A lot going on! Super excited that you are about to go get Molly! Praying for safe travels and good health for everyone.

Nancy V.