Monday, July 27, 2009


Yes, Folks...










...panic is setting in today!!

Meggie has continued to comment on how calm I've been lately...well, that ends NOW!! I think I was calm because I had other things upon which to focus. (Wow, that was VERY grammatically correct of me. Juliette would be so proud!) But now those things are handled and all that's left is packing, cleaning the house, and boarding that plane on Wednesday morning. AAACCCCKKKKK!!!!

Last Thursday we had our travel conference call with Josh, the owner of our adoption agency, and the six other families in our Travel Group. While most of the info wasn't new to us (having been there, done that), we were quite sad to hear that China is not allowing visits to the orphanages due to the swine flu scare. To me, going back to where Molly has lived most of her life provides very necessary closure and I find it very upsetting that we are going to be denied that closure on this trip. I need to wrap my brain around this disappointment before we get there or it will truly ruin my whole trip.

So, off I go. The kids are still sleeping (the bums!) and Daddy's at work, so I need to make the most of the quiet and get some things handled. It'll be a whirlwind couple of days until we leave for the airport at 5AM on Wednesday. Wish us well, keep us in your prayers...and check back in for updates.

***********************************************************
Hi all! It's Meggie. I've noticed that the top pictures and words have an odd space thing going on. I'm going to try an fix it, I promise! If you don't see anything wrong with it, please let me know! I don't know if it is this computer that makes it look different, or if it is messed up.

13 comments:

Lou Ellen said...

God speed! We will all be watching from afar and you are sure to be covered by prayer. Go hug Molly!

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see Molly in your arms.... well... I mean... in your lap!! We will think of you each and every day! Have a safe flight and trip!!

HUGS!!
Chelsie, Alan, and Max

art said...

I can't wait to follow your blog and to see the post where you are holding Molly in your arms!!!

Adreanna

Bill and Midge said...

We had heard from a group just over there that they weren't allowing visits to the orphanages, but I was hoping by the time you got over it might change. I know you are disappointed, but at least you have had tons of pictures of Molly and known she was in a good foster home. Please don't worry about taking the pictures - we will try to send something over to the Luohe orphanage later and hope it gets into the foster mom's hands. I am sooooo excited for you, and mostly for Molly. I was praying for her today, that God will prepare her little heart to know what a great family she is coming to. Enjoy your warm and wonderful trip! Can't wait to see her in your arms.

Nicole said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!

Emily said...

can't wait!!! i will check in (uh i mean stalk!) every day!!!!!!! someone else said blogger was blocked- so hopefully you can use your backup!

Unknown said...

Juliette IS proud! :-)

Carrie said...

Great Big hugs to you-and I will be praying for you!

Donna said...

that makes me sad for you and Molly, you SHOULD be able to visit the orphanage. I'm so sorry. On a positive note, I'm PSYCHED that you leave so soon and am very anxious to tag along :) Happy packing!

Anonymous said...

Safe travels!! Can't wait to see your family all together!

Yoli said...

Congratulations!

Ash said...

I am so excited, not nervous at all. :o) I can not wait to see you with Molly. Have a safe trip & enjoy!
ash

wingepr said...

Teresa
I'm so sorry I missed sending you good wishes before you left!!!!!
I will be checking daily now. SAfe travels, cant wait to see those pictures. Doesnt it seem like you were just there????