I Know It's Been Said Before...
...but there really IS no place like home!!
Yes, we made it! The trip was...interesting. Molly is an awesome traveler and was happy-go-lucky for the entire 24 hours of traveling. (When she wasn't sleeping nicely, that is.) We had some curves in the road home -- if you consider getting bumped from our flight in Tokyo a curve, that is. (Which we did!) We had to change airlines and do some running through airports to get home, but we did it!
We arrived to a HUGE group of friends and family at the airport. Molly was quite overwhelmed, and to tell you the truth I was a bit as well! The love in the airport was palpable -- but we were so tired and smelly and frustrated from our trip that I feel like we didn't give anyone enough attention or thanks in the airport. If you were there, please know that we TRULY appreciated it!!! (And thanks to Sarah and to Grandma B. for stocking us up with groceries!! It's awesome to eat regular food again!)
Molly did NOT do well once we got home. She seemed incredibly scared of her bedroom and was screaming and sobbing. We tried to get her to settle in her bed and finally decided to just have all the girls sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed. (Carson and Daddy had a sleepover in the family room, as was previously arranged by the Little Man.) She finally fell asleep but is definitely not herself this morning. She is barely speaking -- where she wouldn't STOP speaking in China -- and seems a bit afraid of Carson's rambunctious spirit. It's OK, though...it'll come in time.
I'll do a more detailed post later (with pictures), but just wanted you all to know how much we appreciated the prayers, love, and encouragement you've given us through this adoption trip! Daddy's outside working in the yard (of course!) and Meggie and I are going to take the kids to Target after lunch just to get out and about and try to keep me awake! Our dear friends, Shannon and Chris, are bringing us dinner tonight -- what a blessing in our jet lagged condition! Once the little ones are in bed tonight, I'll blog in more detail.
Check back later...
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Posted by Teresa =) at 12:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
WELCOME HOME! and Congrats on surviving the return home with such a good spirit:) NOw for the real fun to begin;)
Heather (FL)
Welcome home! I am glad you arrived safely.
Trish
Welcome home!
So glad you made it home!
Welcome home! I'm sorry about the bumps and that Molly is struggling some. She's dealing with a ton MORE changes and it'll take time, but you know that. Praying for you all...
I'm glad you're home. Molly is such a spirited and resililent girl, and some ups and downs are to be expected. She's going to fall in love with Carson and Meggie in the days ahead, you'll see!
Please keep blogging! To me, this is such an IMPORTANT part of the journey, and I hope you will continue to share it as generously as you've done up till now. We are leaving for China in THREE DAYS!!!
Glad you made it home safely!!! Congrats to Molly on being a US citizen!!!!
Hey Girl! I am finally getting ready to read your blog. I just wanted to say hello and I am glad yall made it back safely. We had 32 hours from leaving China to arriving home but we made it fine as well. We miss yall! I just finished uploading all of the pictures and Lily was sitting here pointing out Molly in all of them. Give her a big hug from us. We'll skype soon. Jet lag is the pits!
Glad to see that you are home safe and sound! Now just try to catch up on the sleep and lovin' on all of your kiddos!
Welcome home-sleeping with Mom and Dad is a grat idea! Can't wait to see more pic's!
so glad!!!!!!!!!!! i know that transition home is hard-- amy had a very rough time, ben was easy-- take it easy if that's possible, and if i could send you a casserole via email, i would!
em:)
Welcome Home!!!!!!! Glad everyone made it safely.
So glad we were able to come and welcome you home! I just emailed you a few pictures so make sure you check your inbox :)
Welcome HOME! What an adventure you had getting there! :-)
~*~ WELCOME HOME ~*~
Post a Comment