Thursday, August 13, 2009

We Survived…

…and are counting down the hours ‘til we board our plane in the morning. It’s currently 9PM here in Guangzhou and we leave for the airport in 11 hours! YEAH!

We’ve met some great people and had some interesting experiences, but now it’s time to head home and be done with this limbo we’ve been stuck in for the past 16 days. (Actually, I’ve felt like I was in limbo since we got Molly’s referral in August of 2008 and had to wait for all the government paperwork to be processed!)

Didn’t take many pics today since it wasn’t a super busy day. In the morning, Molly and Lily had a play date in our room…
…and played wonderfully together while Lily’s Mommy and Big Sister (Ann and Erin) did some last minute shopping. After Lily went back to her room with Erin for lunch, we ate in the room and had a quick nap before getting Molly dressed up…

…for the Consulate appointment this afternoon. Wait a minute…Molly, why are you hiding? You look beautiful!
Oh, way to go Mommy…nice mid-sneeze photo of your Baby Girl. Let’s try this one more time.
OK, clearly she had had enough at this point so we just stopped trying. I’m sure you can see from those odd shots that she was a vision in her white dress. She got LOTS of attention as our group gathered to get on the bus and was eating it up. You should have seen her, strutting into the Consulate building like she owned the place. I think all the compliments went right to her cute little head!

So we have survived…and actually flourished…with this little firecracker of ours despite a traumatic Gotcha Day. (I’m sure we’ll look back on that some day and just laugh! But not yet…) She has done an amazing job of adjusting…and, well, Daddy and I are just muddling through as best we can.

We are so excited to be at the end of our journey to Molly and can’t wait to continue on life’s journey as the parents of three awesome kids! Should be an exciting ride…and we’d love it if you all came along with us, so check back often. I promise – even with three kids, two jobs, and a part-time course load in my Master’s program – to keep you all “in the loop” and blog often. After all, I couldn’t have gotten through the last 16 days without you!

Next up: HOME!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You THRIVE on chaos! You are at your best when multi-tasking and organizing things. I'm so glad you will be home soon. Can't wait to meet Molly and see how Carson does with "sharing" you three with her. Hope you brought him back some "cool toys" or he may not like you anymore! ha
Love you--Safe travel--and dinner at Bob's real soon!
g

McNew Family said...

You'll do fine when you get home! Molly is a vision of loveliness - she is going to be fun!

Carrie said...

Love the pictures even though she was sneezing! Life has tons of loops and turns and I am glad to have met you through one of yours and a ton of mine! God Bless-safe travels!

art said...

Safe travels. I have enjoyed following the blog and I can't wait to read how Molly does in the US.

Bill and Midge said...

We have been away from a computer for the past few days while on vacation, and I couldn't wait to get home and see how Molly is doing. She looks great, in every way! And now, can't wait for the best blog-post of all - HOME with the whole FAMILY! Safe and easy travels to you.

Trish said...

Izzy just said Molly for the first time! She is practicing for the Disney trip! Safe travels, I am glad you are heading home.
Trish

Anonymous said...

I have been MIA for a few days and was so happy to get home and catch up on Molly's adventure. Cannot wait to see the family all together!!

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

Have a safe flight! Can't wait to meet the little lady!

Chelsie

Donna said...

I know you're so excited to get HOME!! Nothing like your own house, shower, bed, food, etc!! Get that "we're home" post done soon, even if you are in a jet lag stupor..heh heh.

Anonymous said...

I have loved following your journey. Thank you so much for sharing. Molly Jayne is so very, very lovely. I even love her cute short hair. She is such a girly girl. Have a great journey home.

Carolyn (in Las Vegas)

Nikki Hall said...

Can't wait to see you and Kevin and meet Princess Molly!!!Congrats!

Ash said...

Safe Travels. Happy family days, straight ahead!
ash

wingepr said...

Oh, she is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so excited, looking forward to the pics of the whole gang together.