Just a Rainy Day in Zhengzhou…
We had horrible thunderstorms last night and were greeted this morning with a forecast of…well, rain. We wanted to head to the park down the street to explore but the rain changed that plan. That’s OK. We can improvise. Molly was full of energy… …smiles and laughter today, so it was easy to make the best of a yucky day. After breakfast, we headed to our travel mate, Julie’s, room…
…and Kaden enjoyed the bubble show she provided.
Julie was sweet enough to allow us to call Meggie and Carson using her Skype…it was wonderful to see their faces and hear their voices. Carson wanted two things…to talk to Daddy (“I have one question…” as he always says) and then to get away from the computer to watch the movie Grandma had started for him. Seeing Meggie’s reaction to Molly’s face…and Molly’s reaction to seeing Jie Jie and Ge Ge in person…made up my mind. I went right back to our room and downloaded Skype on our computer. (OK, so Julie’s sister Beth helped me…) We didn’t have a web cam, but I was still able to call Meggie and she could hear Molly’s voice as she jabbered on in Chinese.
We planned to walk to go shopping to get a web cam but it was torrentially raining. We decided to wait until after lunch, hoping this “monsoon” – as Daddy called it – would pass over. To fill the morning, Daddy decided Miss Molly might enjoy a trip to the pool. Since two of the four incisions from my gallbladder surgery decided they wanted to split open a bit during this trip, I figured swimming wasn’t a great plan for me. Don’t really need a raging infection in those open wounds, right?! (For my nurse friends, don’t worry…I’m fine.) Molly and Daddy changed into their suits…
After pool time was over, we decided to eat lunch in the room (we brought peanut butter crackers and plenty of snacks)…well, actually, I had a raging headache and slept through lunch but Molly and Daddy ate lunch in the room. After lunch, we figured it was time for an outing. So we gathered the Winnie the Pooh umbrella, borrowed a large umbrella from the concierge downstairs, and took a long, wet walk…
We found a web cam…and I can’t seem to make it work! Uggghhh! I even asked Tasha’s husband, Jim (who is an IT guy by profession) to help me…no luck. Guess we need to walk back to WalMart tomorrow and exchange it for another one. Super!
It’s OK, though…Meggie called me and we were able to talk via Skype for an hour. It was awesome to talk to her, laugh with her, have her mock me (yes, I even miss THAT), and to see my silly Little Man in live action! (Their camera is working fine, so I can see them but they can’t see us.)
While Jim was working with my computer, Aaron and Lilly played with Molly. Thought I’d take a few pics for Emily…
A few pics of Molly in action…
…clapping along with music…
…dancing with Daddy…
…and showing off her pink-haired doll. (Can you believe we found a pink-haired doll wearing a pink dress?! Molly was in pink heaven!!) I actually was trying to get a picture of Daddy when she put that doll up for me to see. Why was I taking a picture of Daddy? To catch him on film as he put a rubber band in a Barbie doll’s hair for Molly. She saved his macho ego…but I guess I just blew it by telling you about it, huh?! Sorry, dear…at least I don’t have proof, so you can deny it when your friends give you a hard time! (Chris, this means you!)
Better go to bed now…the kids are going to call us on Skype at 6:30AM (which is 6:30PM their time) and I need to get some sleep. Not without my traditional send-off, of course…with a bedtime theme tonight.
Better go to bed now…the kids are going to call us on Skype at 6:30AM (which is 6:30PM their time) and I need to get some sleep. Not without my traditional send-off, of course…with a bedtime theme tonight.


7 comments:
Hey Kevin - there's no shame in playing with Barbies...as long as Molly's in the room. The shame comes when you get absorbed in dressing one of Molly's dolls and she sneaks off and Teresa catches you 10 minutes later still playing.
We're glad you got Skype up and running...we hope you get the web-cam up and running soon.
Looking forward to following more of your adventures...hope the rain stops soon. Ironically, we have had monsoon-like weather here for several days too. This is the first August in six years that we've had green grass!
Hugs and kisses to Molly (and Kevin if he wants them!)
Chris
p.s. We're still anxiously waiting for pictures of "Green Bean Pies" from McDonalds.
Ah yes! I so remember all the hacking and yucking that went along beside the pool. Memories! (gross!)
And I have to say, I am loving seeing how much she likes the Wa-Wa. Michelle is sleeping with hers tonight up at her Grammy's in Cape Cod. Even if she "trades her in" for bigger and better things back in the U.S., I'm so glad she was able to provide a little comfort these first few days.
Molly looks so happy! It's a joy to see her bonding with you two! I know you miss your other kiddo's, but enjoy this time. It's so precious and once you get back home life kicks in full swing and you don't get as much time to sit around and play Barbies! Enjoy!
Great photos! Too bad that we missed out on seeing Dad play with Barbie (grin!). Hope you have better weather soon!
Teresa, I haven't posted in a long time but I faithfully read your blog! I'm sorry gotcha day started out so rough, but it looks like Molly is a happy little girl with her new family. I wake in the morning looking forward to hearing about a new day with Molly. Oh how I remember missing my family at home, but now would love to go back! Enjoy each day there- You are in my prayers. Love, Kim (Cate's mom)
I have to say that I went to post a comment and Chris beat me to it! He says his comment only because there is a back story to that . . . one I will share with you in person, Teresa :) hee hee
We love you guys!!
i do appreciate the specialized service!!!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Terri,
I am reading thru the blog and it's is just so sweet seeing how far she has come in such a short time. :) She looks great!!! Can't wait to meet her!!
Post a Comment