Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Lazy Day With a Sick Baby Girl…

Molly woke up very early this morning – 6AM to be exact – and just wasn’t herself. Normally, she wakes up chattering and laughing. Today, we got a lot of this…
…and a whole lot of whining. She wouldn’t even talk to Daddy! We discovered soon thereafter that she was running a low grade fever…not surprising after all those shots yesterday. We gave her Tylenol and took her to breakfast, hoping to see some improvement in her demeanor…but no such luck. So we opted out of the group tour and headed back up to the room to let her rest. As I sat on the computer, Skyping with the older two, she started crying and then screaming. Oh, no you don’t, little girl. I laid her in her bed…

…and after a few minutes of crying she was asleep. She ended up taking a three hour nap! Poor little thing…
To fill our suddenly empty day, Meggie and I spent quite a bit of time on Skype. The kids had fun…


…using the crazy options on their camera that distorted their faces. What goofs!
Ahhhh, now THAT’S more like it…the adorable kids I can’t wait to see again in person!

After her long nap, Molly still wasn’t herself. Daddy got carry-out from Lucy’s and brought it back to the room…
…and she wouldn’t even eat the French fries! She spent the morning crabby, and we figured it was a bit of “payback” for the immunizations yesterday. As the day wore on, she continued to be sad and listless…
…but she WAS willing to sit next to me while I worked on a blog post…
…and she watched “Finding Nemo.” Baby steps are still steps, folks…I think she’s starting to like me a bit!

Thankfully, by the time we headed to our group dinner at the Cow & Bridge Thai restaurant…
…she was back to her old self and ate like a champ. She also was back to being silly with Daddy…

…as he taught her the fine art of whispering secrets in somebody’s ear.

After dinner and a bit of shopping – where we bought Molly’s dress for the Red Couch photo and a few other small things – we just HAD to go meet the adorable Amelia…

…and congratulate her parents, Yvonne and Don. Notice how close Molly stayed to me while that baby was in my arms…hmmmm, jealous anyone?!

Closing pics tonight are of all the kids enjoying dinner at the Cow & Bridge…

…Meggie and Carson in November of 2007…
…and Molly tonight. (Hope you are enjoying my themed endings…I work hard on them just for my loyal readers!)

Tomorrow we are going to the Pearl Market and then heading back to the clinic to have Molly’s TB test read. (It looks fine, by the way.) Good night from Guangzhou!

Five more sleeps and we’re heading home!!!

9 comments:

Ash said...

I love the ending blog posts.:o) You are the "Best Blogging MOM" with those additions!!! Too Cool.
Ok, about Immunizations... I have to say I hate this rule. I am anticipating the fever too, the lithlessness(sp?). Were you worried at any point you needed to return to the clinic for vaccine reaction help?
Glad the TB test looks good! Hope tomorrow brings clearance of that hurdle.
You are by far the best China travel blogger! (don't tell my other friends) LOL!
Seriously, It is like I am on Skype with you or at Cow and Bridge and we are talking about the day, over noodles.
Blessing Teresa & family,
ash

Ashley and Mike said...

Dont forget to head to the end of the island for AWESOME pizza at the real italian restaurant. go out WS turn right, walk till the end, curve up a little and there it is. Yum Yum Yum

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

I always feel sick the day after getting vaccinations! Poor girl, but glad she was perky again by dinner. I LOVED the Cow and Bridge! YUMMY!! Enjoy the last few days at the white swan! Then Home Sweet Home!!

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
Thanks for posting the blogsite on the hefei group. I was on vacation and wanted to 'watch" and "listen". You are so very good at blogging. Molly is just adorable. I can't help but think that she and Carson will stir up your house just fine. Add to it one TEEN and what a ride. Have fun.
Carolyn in Las Vegas

epin said...

You're amazing with the blog post endings. And I am so sorry that Molly was sick today, but am glad that she felt better towards the end of the day. How are your headaches? Hope all is well.

Heather said...

I am so sorry to have not posted comments this weekend, it's been crazy! Thank you for keeping us so updated with your journey and I LOVE the ending blog post pictures! My Drew sucks his two fingers too:) As for the bed, be sure and ask if they have something softer. I read (after our return) that if you ask, they will bring a softer mattress. Don't know if it's true but it's worth asking! Enjoy your remaining days!!! Heather (FL)

Carrie said...

Glad to hear the TB test area looks good! Being a Nurse I think you know what your looking at-LOL! Loved Skype while we were in China its the only way to go! Please pray for Anna Grace a Typhoon hit her area and we are waiting on News that she is doing well! Big Hugs Carrie

Debbie said...

It's crazy to look at those pictures of Carson...he looked so little. He's such a big character now! Sorry you're dealing with a sick kiddo - those post immunization fevers are the worst. Sophie's 3 month left her with a fever of 102 and I stayed up all night holding her with a cool washcloth on her naked body. That was a scary night for a new mommy. Glad Molly got over it so quickly, and that you're a nurse and you know what to do!!

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Poor girl with all those shots!! :( I would be running a fever too. Hope she is better today and that the TB test is clear. I don't like all the new stuff they are making our kids go thru, no other country is doing this yet. Hope the rest of your stay is uneventful and just great bonding time. Your Bloggie daughter is doing a great job. :)