No More Hotels For Us...
...'cause we are home!
We arrived in our home airport Friday night a few minutes later than expected...which put us right on time for our original flight schedule. The three of us were smelly and exhausted, but thankful to be finished with airplanes and layovers. As we headed toward the terminal...
...I saw Meggie and Carson standing in front of a crowd -- and I was so excited to see them that I took exactly one horribly blurry picture......before the kids came running...

...and smashed into us with hugs and tears! Carson seemed shocked to see us and kept telling me, "Mommy, I MISSED you!" and "I'm so glad you came home!" Meggie was a puddle of tears and nearly made me cry as we hugged and she wouldn't let go.
We approached the end of the hallway and saw the group waiting for us, made up of family members and dear friends. Molly was a bit overwhelmed by all the attention...
...and eventually ended up in Daddy's arms, crying and shaking like a leaf. Poor thing. At one point, someone asked Carson what he thought of Molly.
His answer was priceless: "I think she's perfect!" Isn't he a sweetie?!
We stood around and visited for a while then thanked everyone for coming and headed to the minivan. Molly was beyond exhausted and overwhelmed......and the car seat sent her over the edge. She cried and screamed for Daddy...which didn't help her much since Daddy was planning to drive us home. Meggie had the EXCELLENT idea...
...to distract Molly with a DVD. It worked like a charm and Carson was THRILLED to get to watch a movie!
We were planning to head home and were discussing how hungry we were when our friends Sarah and Scott called (well, technically, just Sarah called) to invite us to eat dinner with them. We were tired and smelly, but we WERE hungry...and since they invited us to meet them at Cheddar's (which is by the airport but over an hour from our house, so not typically convenient) we decided to go. Interestingly, as we got out of the van at Cheddar's, I saw my family getting out of their cars next door at IHOP. So what was going to be a quick dinner ended up turning into a bit of a party!
Since Molly had a beautiful Mulan doll given to her by my dear friend Wendy P. (Wendy, I LOVE that doll -- I'm so impressed you were able to find it!!) and Carson was feeling a bit left out, Daddy had to dig through our suitcases in the parking lot......to find the new Ultraman action figure we bought for him in China. Since that took a few minutes, Meggie took the opportunity to try to make a connection with her new little sister...
...and, wonderful big sister that Meggie is, these two were best friends before our food arrived!
I mean, really, how many 16-year-olds would wear Mulan's sash as a hair bow just to make a four-year-old laugh?! Carson pretty much ignored Molly during dinner, choosing instead to visit with my family and play with Scott and Sarah's kids.
Molly ate NOTHING and started to fall asleep sitting straight up in her high chair. Poor baby, she was SO tired......so Meggie snuggled her and she fell asleep almost instantly. We all cracked up when Molly shifted in Meggie's arms to get more comfortable...
...and ended up sleeping like this on Meggie's lap! Always posing for a photo opportunity, I guess.
We got caught in construction traffic on the way home and didn't get to our house until nearly midnight...which was way too late for all of us! It was there that I finally got a good look at the sign Meggie made for us......and then, as we headed upstairs to get ready for bed...
...saw this! Ahhhhh...it's so nice to be welcomed home!!
Meggie helped Molly into her PJs and suddenly Molly was a MESS......as she sobbed and screamed at the top of her lungs! We tried to place her in her bed, but she just got significantly worse. It was almost like she was afraid of her room. Since it was so late, we just decided to have her sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed and work on the bedroom issue later. She did great in our bed and slept like a log until 9:30AM the next morning.
So now we head to the real fun...adjusting to life with three kids. Right now I'm off to bed...it's getting late and I have a feeling Molly will be getting up early tomorrow.
NEXT: A busy weekend with a spicy Baby Girl and a jealous Little Man.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Posted by Teresa =) at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Welcome home!!! I'm sure you are exhausted and overwhelmed with getting Molly settled in. If I can help in any way let me know!! She is precious. Glad the family had a great reunion. :)
Teresa,
I have been amazed reading your posts everyday. Your Molly was obviously hand picked since the beginning of time to be in your family.
So extraverted, social, great sense of humor, amazing photogenic ability and extreme cuteness. How can each person in one family have all of those traits, and more! Only GOD. I could go and on, but she truly is the perfect "fit" for your wonderful family and it's been awesome to watch everything unfold.
The picture of Meggie hugging you in the airport brought me to tears. And seeing Carson running to be with you....awwww. Glad to see you all together at last.
Christy
mom to Mia, Ava and Kai
The reunion brought tears to my eyes, I so felt the emotion.
Meggie, you are the best big sister ever!
Carson and Molly are going to be best buds in no time.
I so wish I was closer to you guys so I could see you guys all together and get to know Miss Molly. Rest up, I have a feeling that together Carson and Molly could take over the world!
Ah, this is what I have been waiting for - to see you with all your kids!
I had forgotten until I read your post that Michelle had a meltdown when we tried to put her in her carseat too. I guess that's pretty tramatic for a little kid to be strapped in when they have never experienced that before. So many first's for them all.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture of Molly sleeping in Meggie's arms. What a blessed little girl to be in your family with so much love.
God bless you all! I know these next few weeks will be filled with good and bad as you all adjust, but I pray for many sweet moments to fill your days.
I am SO happy to hear that you are home. I have enjoyed your blog so much and will continue to read as long as you post! Your reunion with your family brought back memories and emotions for me as well!As soon as I spotted my husband and boys, the tears started pouring. I remember being delirious the next day, but then each day was better. Keep in touch- Love, Kim
Oh the poor baby. But the pics are priceless. What a Wonderful welcome home.
Now get some rest.
So happy your home! I think we will have the same issues here with My 4 year old and Anna Grace! You'll have to give me advice~!
Welcome home!
Molly is adorable!
What a wonderful homecoming!!! I pray that this first week goes smoothly with the meshing of your family! And what an adorable family you have there:) Can't wait to see all 5 of you in a picture together!
Welcome home! It sounds like you guys had a busy trip! Congrats on your beautiful girl! She is adorable! I hope that you all get plenty of rest this week and are able to get her settled in. Keep us updated! Miss you!
Michelle Murray :)
Wow, you're better people than me. I can guarantee you that there was NO WAY I would have gone out to eat in a restaurant after coming home from and adoption trip!!!
Poor Molly must have been so confused. It might take her awhile before she'll sleep in her bed.
Post a Comment