Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Red Couch, a River Cruise…and Mommy Has Had Enough!

First off, let’s just get right to the Red Couch photos…
…of the kiddos (on the couch, L to R, we have Kaden, Aaron, Molly, Ian, Lily, and Tycen…and Lina and Grant are on the cushions on the floor)…

…of our little family unit…
…and of our whole crazy crew! After the “official” pics, we took a few shots of Molly, including lovely ones…
…with Mommy…
…and with Daddy.

This would have been a lovely pose…
…if only she wasn’t showing the world her green froggie underwear!!

This was her reaction…
…when we asked her to put her skirt down and stop showing the world her undies.

We tried to get her to hold her skirt out for a curtsy-type pose…
…and she was having none of that! Silly girl! Since she was picking on us so much, Daddy thought he’d try to throw her into the little pond in the hotel…
…and she was all for it! (He didn’t really throw her in…)

So, all in all, Red Couch photos were a success! I took nearly 50 pics during the session just trying to get a few decent shots. Maybe when I’m bored I’ll post the funnier ones of the bunch.

After lunch, I started getting a pretty bad headache. Molly and I took a nap…but when I woke up, I felt significantly worse. In fact, I had the worst migraine headache I’ve had in a while. I think the stress of it all is just getting to me. Trish was right in her comment a few posts back: I tell the world that I’m happy Molly is at least bonding with Daddy, but it is really hard to be rejected by this sweet little girl. After all, I did 100% of the leg work to get us here and adopt her! (I know I sound like a selfish whiner right now, but I need to vent!) Every day I see some progress with her, but then we lose a little progress every day as well. (You know the saying, “Two steps forward, one step back.”) Add to that the stress of not being with my other kids – and watching them on Skype just isn’t the same as having them with me – and my own homesickness…well, it is taking a toll.

So, I took two of my migraine pills and headed back to bed. Daddy and Molly went on the Pearl River cruise while I stayed in bed and tried not to vomit (so bummed I had to miss the cruise!). Daddy did get some cute pics, including shots…
…of Molly sitting with the big girls…
…of Daddy and his little girl…

…and of the kids dancing and goofing around on the top deck of the boat. He took a lot of scenery shots, but this post is getting long enough without including those!

Molly, did you enjoy the river cruise?
Why, I believe she did!

Since my migraine never did let up last night, I wasn’t able to compose this post and send it to Meggie. (Sorry to keep you all waiting!) Still not feeling 100% today, so I think I’ll just hang around the room and rest.

Right now, I’m waiting for the “all clear” call from Jason, who is at the U.S. Consulate for our visa appointment interviews. Daddy took Molly and Lily (Molly’s honorary “mei mei”) to the playroom since it’s raining and nasty outside. After that, we take the oath at the Consulate tomorrow, then we head home the following morning. Ahhhhh, no sweeter words were ever typed!

Our closing pics tonight obviously have a Red Couch theme…

…and we’re down to two more sleeps until we come home!!

12 comments:

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

God Bless you all and have a safe trip home!!! Your daughter is simply perfect!!!
Kathy in Alaska
waiting for Jamie in Luoyang.

Kim said...

There's no place like home.. and you'll be there before you know it.I know exactly how you feel about the bonding- my husband couldn't come with me, but Cate took to my mom- I think because she didn't tell her No to anything. And by the plane ride home, Cate didn't even want to sit by me. It hurt my feelings and even stirred up some anger, but the by that point my emotions were on such a rollercoaster I couldn't think straight!As you know, once home, you will get into your routine and you will become The Mom,and all will be well in the world! Just being back at home with Carson and Meggie and then seeing Molly with them will be all you need. My prayers are with you for these last couple days! I have loved following your journey! Love, Kim

Adrian Roberta said...

Oh Teresa, My heart goes out to you as you were venting. What with both the Migrane (I can relate) is AWEFUL and the heartfelt cry of Molly not bonding with you as you had hoped and dreamed. Seeing as I'm a newbie awaiting my LOA for our 1st adoption I have to advise, but likely you don't want any, you just want listening ears. So know that you are in my heart and prayer and I am looking foward to those posts with Molly hanging off you aswell. There coming I can just feel it......

Sending your (((((HUGS)))))))

Andy and Amy said...

Hang in there! You'll be home before you know it! Even though you're not "busy" like you would be at home, there is a ton of stress in this whole process. I thought it was so hard to be away from my other kids, too. I have loved following your blog and look forward to seeing your whole family reunited!! Hope you feel better! Ugh, migranes are the worst.

epin said...

Feel better! And I completely understand how you feel about feeling rejected. Hana wanted nothing to do with us; she only wanted my mother. And it was SO hard on me. I hope your migraine goes away soon. As a fellow migraine sufferer, I understand how much those things hurt. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Just write a paper about how you are a "World Changer." That'll cure your headache!
Not much longer. I see Bob's in your future!
Wonder Twins...shape of...Chicken Pot Pie!
g

wingepr said...

Wont be long now. Sorry you feel so bad, I hope the miagrain went away.

Nicole said...

Almost home!!! Yay!!! Feel free to vent anytime. I felt the same way when Katelyn wouldn't have anything to do with me. Scott had no clue what was even involved with the paperwork... he barely knew what a Dossier was... and then, for her to choose him... well, it was definitely tough. Hugs to you!!! Hoping you are fast asleep and feeling better!!!

Laurie said...

Hey Teresa - Sorry you were feeling so bad- migraines are nasty business. And vent away about the bonding thing - you know it will eventually come, but it has to be hard right now! Thanks for blogging with SUCH detail...I am right behind you, and soaking up all the info I can get! Hang in there...you're almost home.

Donna said...

sorry about that monster headache! You're SO close to home, and I think you'll be able to make better progress with Molly once in your own environment!

Carrie said...

Loving the purple! Hope you'll be home soon!

ww said...

Molly looks so pretty in the lilac and gold silk outfit!