Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thank GOODNESS!!

After calling the Department of Job & Family Services multiple times to see if our Child Abuse Registry Reports had been mailed out (thanks to Julie, our awesome social worker, who gave me the phone number of their direct extension), I finally tried one more time yesterday from work . The poor woman who answered the phone barely let me get my name out and she stopped me..."I mailed your letters May 28th." Sure enough, I came home to two envelopes from DJFS sitting on top of the pile of daily mail! YES!!!!! Those letters were the one thing that could have held up our homestudy update and cost us a TON of money to start the homestudy from scratch again!! All that's left are our physicals this week (mine is Tuesday, Daddy's is Thursday) and we have successfully gathered everything needed to finish this leg of the paperchase.

Guess it helps that I've done this paperchase before...nothing like a bit of experience to make the impossible seem quite possible after all!

2 comments:

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

CONGRATS!!! Now you just need to find that little girl of yours!!

Chelsie and Max

Redmom2005 said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure you are feeling a bit relieved now!! It sure pays to be persistent, doesn't it?!! Now, when are you going to find that sweet little mama's girl?!!

Erin