Are You KIDDING Me?!?!!
Paperchasing was going way too smoothly. I should have known better. I shouldn't have bragged on this blog that we were gonna make it in under the wire to update our homestudy.
Today was my physical appointment. The last time we compiled a dossier, I distinctly remember that getting our physicals completed and notarized was one of the more frustrating tasks. Well, at least my doctor's office staff is consistent -- it's raring up to be another fiasco of mistakes!!
I just had a physical a few months ago (required for clinicals for my BSN program). My goal today was to drop off the physical form required for the dossier (which I was told they would fill in from the last physical since it was so recent), get a prescription for the few blood draws that are required, and be finished. But, noooooooooooo.
First of all, they charged me a co-pay...to DROP OFF PAPERWORK!!!! Thankfully, that got straightened out before I had to hurt anybody. (Just kidding...sorta.) Then I explained quite clearly to the medical assistant that I needed to have the three listed labs drawn. When I got the lab prescription, it had a list of eight or nine labs, including a fasting lipid level...and I had just eaten breakfast!! Asking them to just get the three required labs on a prescription sheet was sort of like asking them all (three lovely and incompetent ladies) to remove their hair, strand by strand, and weave me a wig. For goodness sake, people, just listen to ME and FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS!!!!
I tried to very clearly (and s-l-o-w-l-y) explain the way this form has to be notarized...but I'm
expecting that to be a fiasco. Two years ago when we did this, we had to have our physical forms redone THREE TIMES because they just couldn't follow directions. I adore my doctor, really I do, but I have to believe he has hired three of the dumbest office assistants God ever created.
If you are the praying type, please send one up that we get this straightened out before next Thursday!!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Posted by Teresa =) at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Good thing you can't see me laughing or you would probably SLAP me!! But, you sure do have a way with words!! I can just FEEL your frustration :)
Oh the wonderful world of adoption! Could you even IMAGINE things going "smoothly" without any glitches whatsoever?! Wouldn't that be great?!
Hey, do you know what I do when things like that happen?! I just SMACK somebody!! And then I feel much better!! LOL! I am totally kidding, of course! But, I'll bet the thought has crossed my mind a time or two!!
Hang in there!!!
Erin
Oh.. I so feel your pain!! Our medicals were the worst part.. both times!
Oh my goodness, laughing big time...weave me a WIG?!? lol...
getting our physicals and paperwork done there was also very frustrating for us! They acted like they knew what to do, and didn't seem to want to listen to me who had detailed instructions on how it HAD to be done. Ugh. Praying it all gets straightened out!!
Ok I am thinking of going back a second time and I am only been home 2 1/2 months-need advice!
If you have any to give please email me at aarkre@yahoo.com-Carrie-CCAI family!
Yes we will send prayers your way!
Post a Comment