Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Can't Believe We Actually Did It...

...but we BEAT THE DEADLINE! I was able to collect all of the required documents (even those requiring notarization) in time to get our homestudy updated before it expired! Yes!!!

The last step was picking up our completed physicals from our family doctor today. In case you forgot or didn't read my prior post about my dear doctor's incompetent staff, let's just say I was a bit afraid to go pick those up. I actually printed out new blank forms and took them with me in case they completely messed up and we had to do them over. There were a couple of small mistakes that I was able to fix myself, but other than that they were OK...and the office manager even notarized them correctly! Shocker!

The paperchase isn't completely finished yet, but the worst is definitely over! Once we receive our updated homestudy, we can send in the required documents to get our fingerprint appointment at the Office of Homeland Security. Once that is finished, the rest is truly smooth sailing.

Whew!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Great news!

Redmom2005 said...

Oh, you GO girl!!! You are the bomb!!

:)
Erin