Saturday, July 26, 2008

I REALLY Don't Need Any More Bad News for this Blog!

Let's review. Julie, our social worker, came to our house at the end of April to do our homestudy update. I broke all kind of records getting documents together before a deadline of June 12th. While we were on vacation three weeks ago, Julie e-mailed me that the homestudy was finished and at CCAI (our adoption agency) for approval.

Well, we STILL don't have a completed homestudy.

Julie e-mailed me this week and said she checked with CCAI and they "found our homestudy" -- it was LOST??? -- and will look it over for approval purposes soon. Come on, CCAI...don't you want us to get our dossier together?? Now that I'm finished with by Bachelor's degree, I have some free time...and would LOVE to spend it paperchasing.

Could we PLEASE be finished with all these crazy delays????

8 comments:

Trish said...

I'm sorry you have had so many hold ups, I feel for you.

Donna said...

Sheesh!! What a major pain...enough with the set-backs already! One day, you'll laugh at all this...

Kim said...

I'm so sorry for the delays. I know you are ready to be finished with this phase! And I'm ready for you to be! I will say what I am trying to remember everyday- trust in God's timing. And congratulations on your graduation! Wow! That is wonderful. I hope you have a nice week. Love, Kim

Carrie said...

I am so sorry-I would be so mad. But maybe if the hold ups are in the begining there will not be any in the end?

Emily said...

Amen, sister--- we have been waiting for 4 weeks for our fingerprint appt-- this new I-800 deal is for the birds-- argh- our homestudy was *done* May1 1st but due to clearances and revisions- we didn't do our filing until 6/26!!!!the 2 things that keep me sane: #1- i have my hands full and am in no huge rush #2-- God's timing is perfect.period.

:)emily

Redmom2005 said...

Welcome to the "joys" of a second adoption!! Why is it that the second one always seems so much harder than the first?!! Honestly!! Well, hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hope the delays ease up~ I know what it feels like to say ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

I wish you a wonderful week and no more hold ups!

Krista @bits and pieces

Emily said...

Amen to the 2nd adoption comment-- our first paperchase took us 2.5 months-- NOT KIDDING! i cruised throughthe paperwork, and never called our agency---- this time, i have them on speed dial and we have hit speed bump after speed bump-- I HATE USCIS!!!!

emily