I've Been Tagged!
My cyber-friend, Mary, from the Yahoo groups has tagged my blog with "Six Words that Describe You." She actually tagged my other blog, but since there isn't much going on in this one I figured I'd put the info on here to add some interest. The deal is I have to describe myself in six words (it's harder than you think!), then "tag" five other friends' blogs to do the same. This way, we all get to know one another better.
First for my six descriptive words:
1. JOYFUL -- I truly laugh more than anyone else I know. I love joking, laughter, silliness, and especially quick wit. (I, however, HATE practical jokes...they're just not funny, they're mean!) If laugh lines make a woman look older than her age, I expect I'll look 300 years old when I die...and I'm OK with that!
2. DEMANDING -- Called by other names ("perfect" and "anal retentive" are the ones I hear the most), it sounds insulting. But I am demanding -- of myself, of my husband, of my children, of...well, of everyone I know! I expect (but don't always get) 100% effort, true kindness, and excellent manners. (I am disappointed a lot in this area, but it is who I am!)
3. ORGANIZED -- While my house is currently in disarray due to my overwhelming school schedule, I'm happiest when my spice cabinet is alphabetized, my groceries are all facing to the front in the pantry, my laundry is washed and folded perfectly, my activities are all written on the calendar, and I feel in control of my life! (I hear this is a sickness...)
4. EXHAUSTED -- With a part-time job, 18 months of night school to get my Bachelor's degree, an energetic four-year-old, an overbooked 15-year-old, a workaholic husband, a four bedroom house that desperately needs to be cleaned, a need for seven hours of sleep a night, and perfectionist tendencies, I am typically burning my candle at both ends...and in the middle if it will work!
5. BLESSED -- I have a great job, a husband who loves me, two awesome kids who make me smile (someday to be three awesome kids...or four?), supportive friends and family, a wonderful Church community, and more blessings than anyone really deserves.
Which leads to my final descriptive word...
6. GRATEFUL -- For my faith in God, for my husband and kids, for my wonderful friends, for a career I enjoy, for good health...even for my infertility, because it led me to the world of international adoption! Truly, could anyone make a complete list of the things for which they are grateful?? Suffice it to say, I start every morning thanking God for the day to come and end every evening thanking God for the day that passed. Life is sweet!!
OK, now for the friends I'm "tagging":
1. Shannon
2. Erin
3. Chelsie
4. Trish
5. Tammy
6. Donna
OK, I know I was supposed to "tag" five -- but I couldn't just pick five! I picked the six I thought (or hoped) would take part.
Come on ladies, spill your guts!!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Posted by Teresa =) at 10:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
You silly girl wanting me to describe myself. You have described yourself perfectly. Your joyful side is one of my favorite characteristics.
So now I have homework...
Thanks for pointing out I owed you one! I fixed it! That was hard for me, but of course, yours was great :)
Hey I tagged Trish too-hehehe-what a freak-o you organized your food closet? just joking Mine used to be until 4 kids rolled around-now I over buy cause I can't see what is in there-
Will you forgive me?!! I really am working on this...things have just been a bit crazy the last few days!!! Hey...it's in the mail (LOL)!!
You'll be so proud to know that I've finished my post for the game of TAG (July 15th entry on my blog)! It's not as detailed as it could be, but....I'm kind of under the gun to get things done before TRAVEL!!!! OMG!!! Gotcha day is TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!
LOVE IT! Great descriptions, Teresa! :-)
Post a Comment