More About Molly...
Got another e-mail from my new Yahoo group...with another picture of Molly! This was taken in July of 2008. It is kind of hard to see her since it is a distance shot, but she's the little one waving with both arms, wearing the plaid dress.
As promised, here is the "virtual tour" of Molly's room. Many thanks to Meggie for her decorating skills! The room has actually been painted for a couple of years, ready for the baby girl we thought we were going to get...and then we found Carson! So the guest room became Carson's room and the nursery sat empty.
Meggie did an Internet search the night we got "the call," determined to find bedding that would coordinate with the border and wall colors -- we were NOT in the mood to repaint. She found this: A closeup of the bedding against the bordered wall shows it was a very close match...and it looks great!! The stuffed animals in the room were donated by Meggie from her childhood stash.
If you enlarge this picture, you'll see a lovely 8x10 picture of a cute little girl on top of the dresser, along with the tea set Aunt Debbie bought Molly. (Aunt Debbie is ALREADY spoiling Molly rotten...LOVE that!)
Do you think Meggie is hoping for a girlie-girl little sister? This princess chair was Meggie's gift to Molly...paid for by Mommy and Daddy, of course.
When we originally showed Carson the pictures of Molly, we were trying to get him to understand that she was from China, just like he is.
Meggie asked him, "Carson, where are you from?"
"China!" he proudly answered.
"Where is Molly from?"
Carson thought about it. "Ummmm...the beach?!"
Yes, Carson, your new little sister is a jellyfish. What a goof! The China correlation was completely lost on him.
I explained to Carson that Molly is in China and she's sad because she doesn't have a Mommy (an idea he has been exploring with me about his time in China). His face brightened. "I share MY Mommy!"
And I fell in love with my Little Man all over again.
Carson and I talk about Molly a lot (who he now calls "China" or "Molly China"...we're getting there!). It is absolutely imperative in my mind that we all travel together to get Molly and I don't want Carson to think we're taking him back to China to stay. I have put pictures of Molly all over the house and even given Carson some reprinted snapshots of her to carry around. He knows Molly's room is where she'll sleep when she comes home.
The more we talk about her, his opinion has changed. Now, instead of saying "I share MY Mommy!" he has started saying to me, "Mommy, we share MY Molly China!" OK, I can work with that!!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Posted by Teresa =) at 11:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I LOVE Miss Molly's room! Too cute! And the Princess chair is adorable! If she ends up being a tom-boy Meggie will say that being a tom-boy is Molly's 'special need'! LOL Carson's comments are precious, as always. He is going to be a terrific big brother!
Congatulations! We are also in the midst of adoption #2. She is a cutie! And Meggie did a great job w/the bedding!
Mary - Your comment made me laugh out loud! "Being a tom-boy is Molly's special need"...that is awesome!!
Can't wait to have Meggie read that one!!
ROFL,
Teresa =)
teresa! i'm so thrilled for you and your growing family! congratulations and just keep preparing carson for the day you all go back to china together to get sister molly. he'll be okay.
wonderful news!
ralph
Love Molly's room!! It's adorable. Carson's comments about his sister are just too cute! Anna Grace referred to Abby as "Abby China" for a long time. :-)
Our whole family traveled both times for the girls. I highly recommend it. I thought it was important that we all be together from the very beginning. Plus, then the new child is immediately immersed into the entire family. But that's just my opinion. :-)
That room is so perfectly put together and looks like the border paper and bedding were purchased together! Congratulations on Miss Molly. Your little man always reminds me SO much of our little man. :)
Congrats! I am so excited for your family. Molly is adorable, gorgeous, she looks like a perfect fit for your family-"jellyfish" looking and all =).
I love the pictures of Molly's room! It is so adorable!! She'll LOVE it! Carson is quite the character!! I'm glad he hasn't lost his silliness (saying Molly's from the beach)!!!!!! He is tooo cute!!
Post a Comment