Saturday, October 4, 2008

ANOTHER Delay in the Process...

The morning of Carson's readoption hearing, Daddy and I took him to the Post Office and applied for his passport. We are certainly in no hurry for it, but didn't want waiting for that to hold up our travels to Molly. We handed over all the appropriate documents (Certificate of Adoption from China, Certificate of Citizenship from the U.S.) and paid the fees for regular processing.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that his passport arrived this past Thursday...only nine days after we sent in the paperwork! That's amazing!! Then I opened the passport and was amazed in a different (less happy) way.

They spelled his name wrong.

Are you KIDDING me??!!

All they had to do was look at the Certificate of Citizenship and copy his name EXACTLY LIKE IT IS SPELLED ON THERE. Does that sound difficult to you?!?!

So, we sent it back with new photos and are hoping to get the corrected passport in a few weeks. As if dealing with the Immigration Department wasn't stressing me enough, now the Passport Office is giving me difficulties!

Ugghhh...

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so sorry-I know people are so stupid when we are in a hurry-can't they see we are busy and don't have time to do things twice?

Donna said...

What a total pain in the you-know-what! Just when you thought you could cross off something, you know? Hope that new one gets to you correct AND in record time.
And, congrats on stepping up to the weight loss plate! I've got to find my motivation and time to do it. We're stretched wwwaaayyy too thin around here.

wingepr said...

If only people would just do their job, this world be so much better.

Sorry for the delay, good thing you sent off for it when you did.

Kristin said...

Oh good grief. Thank goodness you started early. I hope the corrected passport comes as quickly as the first one.

We haven't even applied for Abby's yet. Maybe we should do that, huh?

Mary said...

Ack! Are you KIDDING ME?! Ugh. More adoption labor pains for you...I am SO SORRY! Hopefully they will get that puppy back to you ASAP!

bugs parents said...

Must be in the water! When we sent Catherine's, they told us we only needed her Certificate of Citizenship. Our first correspondence from Homeland Security was to tell us they needed more information. So, off went the Certificate of Adoption and her Birth Certificate - along with a letter and lots of sticky notes telling them we needed those ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS back! (I stressed that point 3 times to make sure they came back!)

Thankfully, our next correspondence from Homeland Security was her passport. I must say - those new passports are really neat. Makes me want to get a new one so I can have all those fancy pictures on mine!