Saturday, October 4, 2008

Update on Mommy's Fitness Challenge...

Since posting about my personal fitness challenge, I have had many blogger friends join in...some even posted weight loss (or exercise) trackers on their blogs! Yeah for us!

When Meggie and Daddy read the blog, they decided maybe our FAMILY ought to get in the fitness mode. So, today after Carson's soccer game, we all headed to the YMCA. I swam laps, Meggie ran 2 miles on the treadmill and biked 5 miles on the stationary bike, and Daddy and Carson played in the open swim area of the pool. After swimming my 15 laps (I'm slowly working my way back up to the 25 I used to swim), I played with Carson while Daddy swam...a few laps (actual number being withheld to protect his manly pride). Daddy intends to get into the weight room starting this week.

While Meggie doesn't need to lose weight, she has been wanting to tone and increase her stamina for dance. Daddy needs to lose significantly less than I do. Carson just loves going to the YMCA so he can get in the pool -- which is awesome physical therapy for him anyway!

As far as "dieting," as a family we are going to work on our portion control and on reducing our restaurant eating. (Except for our weekly "China food" excursions -- those are necessary!) I personally tend to secretly binge when I "diet," so I'm going to focus on making healthier choices and eating smaller amounts. We are also trying to choose fresh fruit instead of Little Debbie snack cakes when we pack our lunches every day.

OK, friends, let's stay motivated!!

3 comments:

epin said...

I just joined a new recipe service to encourage me to cook healthy food (we usually eat out). So far so good!

Redmom2005 said...

Good for you!! I'm right there with ya....trying to eat healthier and watch my portion sizes! I think that is the KEY to weight loss!! Sorry about Carson's passport...hopefully they'll get it corrected and sent back in record time again! If it's not ONE thing it's another, huh?!! Never a dull moment with these adoptions!!!

bugs parents said...

Wow, your afternoon at the Y sounds like fun! Great idea to get the whole family involved. That way, no one feels like they are being deprived of anything. Keep up the good work!