Just Running Through Really Quickly...
...and thought I'd drop a super quick post for my loyal readers. My part-time teaching position is becoming a full-time overwhelming sweatshop and I barely have time to eat or sleep, let alone blog! However, some things just MUST be shared!
In Meggie news, she was put back in the "boot," had an MRI (thankfully, the results were normal), and is now slowly weaning herself out of the boot and back into dance rehearsals! Yeah!! Since the "boot" is on her right foot and since it has been snowing, her days behind the wheel of my minivan have come to a screeching halt. We'll revisit that soon enough, I'm sure...
In Carson news, we have hit some MAJOR break-throughs with him at school. He has viewed school as playtime pretty much since he started at this preschool. However, he's starting to see that the kindergartners get to go outside and catch the "big boy bus" (aka the yellow school bus) right as we're arriving on our later mornings. He REALLY wants to ride the big boy bus, in a bad way!! Two nights ago, he counted to "10" without prompting...a MAJOR hurdle!! He also now tells us the color of everything (unless the things are green or blue, two colors that totally mess him up). Reading books at night takes longer now since he has to count all the people (or dogs, or bumblebees, or whatever) and tell me what color they are. I'm amazed at how sudden this change is!
The biggest Carson news, though, is this:
I don't know if you can read that (it scanned pretty light), but the teacher wrote: "He wrote this by looking at his name Only helped with the S." Yes, folks, my Little Man can recognize and write his name!!!!! Wow!!
Molly news is sort of a good news/bad news/good news casserole. The first good news: her PJ care package was delivered today! Here are pics of what we sent:
Adorable PJs......a big girl outfit...
...and the rest.
I don't know if she'll get to keep any of what we sent, but I LOVE the blanket and PJs and hope they get to come home with us!!
In the bad news portion of this Molly update, we got a letter today from the USCIS (aka "the fingerprint people") that is requesting additional evidence. Are you kidding me?! They wait 12 stinkin' weeks to review our case and then want more?!?! When Meggie told me what came in the mail, I had her fax it to our home study agency. When I spoke to Ellen (the Director of the agency) a few minutes after she got the fax, she said the letter was requesting a generic home study -- and ours was specific to Molly (aka Dang Yu Han). She said it is a simple revision and, after talking to CCAI this afternoon to be sure everything is fixed appropriately, she will mail off what they asked for tomorrow morning.
The good news, however, is that since we got this letter, Ellen said the USCIS must act on our application within seven days of receiving the additional evidence. So, we won't go back to the end of the line. Actually, it guarantees we will get our I-797C within the next two weeks! Ya-hoooooooo!!!
In Mommy news, teaching college students has been...interesting. (It has also been eye-opening, frustrating, exasperating, and insomnia-inducing, but I digress...) Since I plan to announce Molly's upcoming adoption at work after our fingerprints clear (I can't keep living this double life!) and some of my new co-workers may find out about my blog, I can't give you details. Suffice it to say that this...
...aptly defines my first two weeks as a Clinical Instructor for RN students! (It was created by my friend, Gina, who also teaches nursing students and can completely feel my pain!) I had to lay down the law with my whole group the first day I met them and have driven myself to distraction with documenting what I'm doing in case they don't make it successfully through to the end of the semester! Ugghhh!! I do, however, LOVE my new job and feel quite suited for it. Nonetheless, I'm losing sleep and that just isn't cool!
Gotta go...I have clinicals in the morning and really have to get my stuff organized.
Hope you've enjoyed this "drive thru" update. I promise, there's more to come...
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Posted by Teresa =) at 8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Wow, your friend, Gina, seems really funny and creative! How nice to have such an awesome friend.
Seems like you are doing well with keeping the students "in-line." They will thank you later!
G
Well, its about time!!! Just kidding, girl, you've got a full plate! I have to say, I can see high school kids goofing around but COLLEGE students studying NURSING??? Are you kidding me???? I say flunk 'em all!
Meggie you keep working on getting that boot off so you can drive the van over to pick up your cute little puppy. But let me forewarn you: Puppies poop. A LOT. Just ask Julia.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!finally!!! i've been waiting for you guys on this darn 797C-- go celebrate!
I LOVE your pic with the portrait of Molly! Those are so good! I also really like Gina's certificate for you. You should hang it proudly for all of your students to see. Remember, "You can't scare me, I'm a teacher." :)
I'm happy that your fingerprinting clearance is "somewhere" instead of in limbo! At least you know that you can expect it in the next couple of weeks! That's awesome news, even if they DID request a generic homestudy (never heard of that request before)! They never make it easy for us, do they?!! Hang in there, you're almost to the "smooth sailing" part!!!
When you get a chance check my blog-- I have something there for you!
I love your friend Gina-too funny
Sorry about the update on the Homestudy,but the good news like you said it will be soon! My prayers are with you!
If they are sorry nursing students please flunk them! The hospital is a scary place already.
Love the care package for Molly, cute.
Meggie, as a former "boot" prisoner I feel your pain, Ihope you are liberated and driving soon!
Carson, way to go!
Love ya,
Trish
Post a Comment