Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update on Mommy's Fitness Challenge...

...which really must start with a confession.

I was going along, losing weight just fine...and then Thanksgiving hit. The week after Thanksgiving, I weighed in at my Weight Watchers meeting and found that I had gained almost 5 pounds. Five pounds?!?! I was devastated! That setback really hurt my motivation to stick with the plan. Happily, I had been doing the plan long enough and it had started to sink in...so over Christmas, just by making better food choices and controlling my portions, I didn't gain any more. In fact, over Christmas, I lost that 5 pounds again. And this past week, I started back on track with another 2.6 pound weight loss.

I created the Weight Loss Ticker on my blog to keep me honest. I figured if I was sharing my successes with my loyal blog readers that it would keep me from cheating on this new plan. Problem is, when I "fell off the wagon," I was too embarrassed to admit it...so the Weight Loss Ticker hasn't moved in about six weeks!

A few weeks ago, before starting my job at the College of Nursing, I realized that I needed some new business casual clothes for my office days. I headed to Lane Bryant...and was told I was "too small" for the styles they had and that I was almost "too skinny" to even shop there!! That felt GOOD!

Today, I went to the scrubs store to buy some new scrub pants...my old ones were getting QUITE baggy in the rear end area...only to find out that I can now easily wear Mediums! (I was buying Extra Larges when I started in nursing 5 years ago!)

So, while I hit a small bump in the road to better health, I thought I needed to pump myself up in this post in order to regain my motivation. Yes, that 5 pound yo-yo back in November and December was upsetting. However, the fact that I was heading into size 20 pants in October and now can easily fit in a size 14 certainly is helping with the motivation factor!

Here's to continuing to be a "big loser"...

10 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

Way to go Teresa!!! You deserve a new puppy for all that hard work!!!

{Sorry, couldn't resist. You know how much I adore Meggie...}

Seriously though, I'm so proud of you for doing what I just can't motivate myself to do yet. What's really great about your loss is that when I'm stressed I eat more and I know how stressed you've been so you should be doubly proud!

Trish said...

Whooo Hoooo you are my motivation, maybe i will meet the new regs if i follow your lead.

Kristin said...

That's awesome!!! I need to join the bandwagon but just can't seem to get motivated. Keep up the great work. You are my inspiration!!

wingepr said...

Way to Go Girl!!!!!!!!

Sorry I wasnt able to keep up with that, there was just too much going on at the time.

I have lost 2 lbs and starting to get back to normal!!!!

Keep up the good work.

Peggy

Donna said...

I can understand how that gain must have deflated you, but wow have you done great since...keep up the good work, and don't let any set backs cause you to quit. We're all behind you!

Emily said...

woohoo!!!! don't forget that weight fluctuates daily-- due to water, etc.. so don't be too hard on yourself!!! bet it felt good to be kicked out of lane bryant!!!

:)

Carrie said...

GOOD JOB!!!

Lou Ellen said...

Great! I only wish I could say the same.

Anonymous said...

Hey, be careful about "doggin'" on Lane Bryant and size 20 pants. Just remember that when you are a size 6, my Lane Bryant sized body can put a hurt on yours!
But Congratulations anyway, Wonder Twin. Shape of...Angelina Jolie!
G

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Great post, thanks! I just may get myself back on the WW plan and succeed at some point! Why is it so hard to begin?

Love reading the blog. Thanks for sharing and the encouragement!