Friday, March 13, 2009

And Daddy's Actually PROUD of Him...

Yes, the Little Man got in trouble again today. Here's the note we got from his teacher:

"Carson had to see Ms. Linda today at recess time. I've asked him before not to play fighting games on the playground and today he tackled another student and refused to get off of him (despite very clear requests by the student). I know he'll try harder next time, but you may want to talk to him at home. Thanks! Ms. Jenny"

Daddy was irritated at Carson as he showed me the note when I got home from work. But then added, under his breath, "At least he was the one being aggressive." Oh, yeah...we should be SUPER proud of THAT!

What can I do? My son is a goon. He beats up other kids for sport! Bless the kid who laid there and let Carson pin him...he truly could have dumped Carson over and walloped him. At least his Momma is raising HIM right...

3 comments:

Lou Ellen said...

LOL!!! That's a boy for ya, Teresa! They are a totally different breed than girls! If only I could count all the little fights my boys had with other boys. The funny thing is that they will fight like crazy, then hop up and be best friends! Honestly, I think you guys are doing a great job of parenting and he will turn out just fine. Wesley LOVES teasing/picking on his buddies! It drives me nuts, but the guys all think it is fine.

Kristin said...

My class is full of little Carsons. Their mama's are raising them right as are you! It's just some boys feel the need to be more aggressive, or ALL BOY, than others. That would be Carson.

He'll settle down eventually. Of course, he may be 12 just as he heads into hormones.

Gee, which is worse?

Donna said...

Men!! I'm sure my husband would have happy that HIS kid was the aggressor, too. What are ya' gonna do? And, yes, boys are SO different. Totally.