Saturday, March 14, 2009

Getting the Documents Ready to Go...

Even though it was two weeks ago today, I never blogged about our marathon Saturday getting the dossier documents ready to mail to our agency. The I-797C arrived in the mail that day, so we loaded everyone up to go to Daddy's office and make copies of all the documents. (Yes, folks, our life IS truly that boring!) Since Carson is sick today (woke up crying this morning with a fever of 102), we're hanging out together on the couch watching the "real Spiderman movie" as Carson calls it, so I thought I'd blog a bit. (It's "real" because it's not the cartoon version.)

For my loyal fans (this means you, Casey), hopefully this will make my blog interesting for you again!

Here is Mommy, so happy to be holding all those finalized documents...

...and here's Meggie, mocking Mommy.
The entire copying process took nearly an hour (hey, the copier at Daddy's work is reliable but S-L-O-W!), so the kids had to find ways to amuse themselves...
...while Daddy put his hands in his pockets and paced around the building.
Snacks are always a crowd-pleasing way to kill free time...
...but the crowd looks a bit restless, don't they?!
Mommy, working hard to make the copies...
...and keep the piles organized for later.
More goofing off...
...and look, Daddy took his hands out of his pockets.
Hey, someone needs to lean against that wall with their arms folded, supervising the work.

Still snacking...
...but when the snacks were gone, Carson started getting a bit wiggy. Meggie laid down on the floor, pretending to sleep, and Carson put Daddy's toy monkey figure on her forehead. We were cracking up!! (No, don't ask why Daddy has a toy monkey figure at work...it's best not to know some things.)
Daddy decided that pinning Carson in the corner would help calm him down. (Hey, we all have varying degrees of effective parenting skills...) It didn't help and it didn't last long...
...but made Carson mad. Here he's pouting while leaning against a cubicle divider...
...until Meggie decided that Wrestlemania would help kill the time.
...yes, there was pain in her face in that last picture. Carson accidentally kicked her in the face!
Thankfully, I was finished with the copying at that point. As we headed to the car to go out to dinner, Meggie decided to leave a message for Daddy's friend, Dave, on his dry erase board. Carson thought Dave's desk was pretty cool......while Meggie used the poetry skills she's learning in 10th grade to leave this witty message for Dave.
(Sniff, sniff.) Makes a Mommy so proud to see what her kids have learned in school!

One last dry erase picture...
...and we were off!

Our dossier arrived at CCAI on Wednesday, March 4th. They e-mailed me that it would take 9-11 business days for critical review and translation, then those documents will be headed to China to be matched with Molly's paperwork. Then the wait for our Letter of Acceptance (LOA) begins. That document is China's official "stamp of approval" for us to adopt Molly and will be followed closely by our Travel Approval (TA). We're hoping all these things come quickly so we can go get our baby girl!!

Speaking of our baby girl, we sent another cake to her this week to share with her friends. Here's the picture of the cake we ordered off of the Blessed Kids website...
...that was delivered on Tuesday of this week. We're hoping it helps Molly know that we really DO exist and we really ARE coming to get her soon. (Poor baby has been waiting seven months already and probably thinks we've forgotten about her!) We also ordered an update and new pictures from Blessed Kids that should come via e-mail in the next few days. I'll be sure to post whatever we get right here...so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Trish said...

I get to be first this time!!!!!!
I have limited things I get to be first at so posting a comment first is about it.

This is the Blog I am accustomed too!

I am so happy you are closer to Molly!
Love Ya'll,
Trish

epin said...

Love the update on the dossier copying process. You have such a fun, loving family! Hope to hear good news about LOA soon.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Ohhhh...I remember all the copying and the bored kids. I was most worried when I took the boys (a barely 2 year old and a 3 year old) to the Chinese consulate for authentication. I was so scared we were going to be kicked out because they were so bored and wild!

Carrie said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!
I am up making a turkey at 6am on a SUnday morning for MYa's Bday-why do I let my kids pick the meals they like best for their party's??????????????