Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our Afternoon at Build-A-Bear...

Back in January, when both kids had a Monday off school due to the Martin Luther King holiday, we headed to the mall for Carson's first visit to Build-A-Bear! Meggie used to LOVE that place when she was younger...and, truthfully, still seems to enjoy it. Of course, that just meant that bringing her along cost me more money. Oh, well...

Here, Carson is holding the "baby" he decided on...
...a cute puppy. I have a sneaking suspicion he'll name that thing Puppy. (He's really quite creative with naming his toys...NOT!!)

Waiting (im)patiently in line with Meggie (who was making a bunny for Molly)...
...selecting a heart...
...watching his puppy getting stuffed...
...then it was off to the Cleaning Station!
The Megster wasn't about to let Carson have ALL the fun!
Isn't she the BEST big sister?!?!
Posing with their creations.
Carson selected a Batman costume for his puppy...and named it "Bat-Dog." (OK, that IS creative!) Meggie selected a Cinderella costume for Molly's bunny and we all agreed that "Princess" was a good name for her.

We spent a bit more time at the mall that day, just doing random shopping. Carson kept hopefully suggesting that we buy him a toy. I reminded him, "You did get a toy. You got Bat-Dog." His response? "That not a toy, that a BABY!" What a stinker!

Heading home......hey, shopping really wears a guy out!

7 comments:

epin said...

What a fun afternoon! We love Build A Bear (okay, Hana loves Build a Bear). She always tries to get us to buy more clothes for her animals.

Bill and Midge said...

I love Build-a-Bear! Just fyi, we didn't get anything back from Luohe or the foster mom. I only asked for one "special" toy to be returned, but never saw it. I don't really mind as long as I know other children might be enjoying it. Actually, I've often pictured Molly with Michelle's elephant toy. I just wanted to let you know in case Meggie has a special attachment to her creation.

Teresa =) said...

Midge -

Oh, we're not sending this ahead. Princess Bunny will be a Gotcha Day gift...I wanna SEE her reaction to it! But thanks for the heads-up!

Teresa =)

Donna said...

Fun! We made L a build-a-bear before traveling for her and she hates it...lol.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

What a fun day! And I love your son asleep in the car with his new "baby!"

Redmom2005 said...

Don't you just LOVE Build-A-Bear?!! It's a great place!!

Anonymous said...

too fun! Peanut loves BAB. And he just got the same costume.. but for his cat!! Those Hefei boys just think alike, I'll tell ya!