Thursday, April 23, 2009

Disney, Here We Come!

In less than 22 hours, 11 dancers, six moms, and one awesome dance coach will be boarding a plane to Orlando! Morgan (the aforementioned awesome dance coach) has stressed to the girls that this trip is a TEAM trip...no going off on their own and ditching anyone (including us moms). So, in the spirit of hanging out as a team, Meggie is forcing me to leave the laptop home and go computer-free until next Tuesday evening.
Yes, folks, it's gonna be tough!! However, in the interest of mother-daughter bonding...and five days of relaxation...I'm gonna do it! Just know that nobody better be in my way next Tuesday evening when I get home 'cause I'll knock 'em over on my way to my beloved laptop!!

The girls will compete on Saturday at Epcot (scheduled to dance at 2:30PM and 4:30PM) and, if they make the finals, will re-compete on Sunday (schedule TBA). It should be quite an experience as these small-town Midwest girls compete against dance teams from Scotland, Slovenia, Chile, China, Italy, Finland, Ukraine, Poland, England, Mexico, Japan, Colombia, the Netherlands, and all over the United States! What an awesome experience for these high school girls! And it doesn't hurt that they get a couple of days of Disney magic thrown in for good measure!

So, this is it...I'm stepping away from the computer to do laundry and pack and I won't be back until next Tuesday.
(Yeah, right...who am I kidding? I'll be checking my e-mails all night and probably tomorrow morning before we leave at 5AM. Sorry, folks, but at least it's fairly innocent as far as addictions go!)

P.S. I'm having my ACD&F surgery (anterior cervical discectomy and fusion) next Thursday, April 30th, at 8:30AM. YIKES!! Hopefully this trip will take my mind off of it for a while, anyway.

10 comments:

Carrie said...

I will be praying for ya! Have fun with your daughter!

Anonymous said...

Hey, while you're in Disney, just get Merlin the Magician or the fairies from Sleeping Beauty to wave their wand and fix your neck. Wayyyyy cheaper than surgery. A lot less painful, too!
And if that doesn't work, look on the bright side. At least you don't have to do a bowel prep! Yikes!
Love ya,
G

wingepr said...

Hey, it sounds like a great trip. I hope the girls do well, how exciting.

Hope you have a wonderful time. Cant wait to hear all about it.

I guess Carson will be getting some serious daddy time.

Jane Ellen said...

You've got to be kidding me!! We will be at Disney at the same time... Monday or Tuesday. Wouldn't it be fun if we ran into each other?? We'll be staying at Bonnet Creek Resort with our pastor's family. Maybe we will meet, since we didn't get to when ya'll came to Destin (I don't know if you knew or not, but our home is about a mile from the mid bay bridge!!) Well, cross your fingers!

Love,
Katie :)

Teresa =) said...

Katie -

Your mom told me after we got home how close you were to us in Destin. I will TOTALLY be on the lookout for you guys in Disney on Monday and Tuesday...what a happy coincidence!!

Teresa =)

Jane Ellen said...

Cool! We'll be looking for ya'll too!

Kristin said...

No laptop? For five days? I would croak. Seriously. I don't have my blackberry anymore (gave that up) but to give up my laptop too? Oh my.

:-)

You and Meggie have a wonderful trip, okay?!! Can't wait to see the pictures when you return.

Meggie...Good luck to you and your team!!! Have fun!

Donna said...

I admire your courage at leaving the beast behind...can't wait to hear how the dance competition goes!!

Heather said...

Have fun and good luck on the competition Meggie!! (and good luck to you on surviving without a computer!)

Bill and Midge said...

Hope you had a wonderful trip. I will say a prayer for you tomorrow as you have your surgery!