Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thank God It's Over...

...but now the exhaustion and recovery begin!!

Thanks for all of the sweet e-mails and blog comments regarding my surgery...and for the prayers. While I was a nervous wreck this morning (especially during the extra 45 minutes I had to wait to go into the operating room due to a delay with the first surgery of the day), it truly went very well. I did not lose my voice (yeah for me, disappointing for my husband and kids) and can already tell a difference in my neck and arm pain. I am still hurting -- mostly at the incision site and along my upper back and shoulders due to positioning during the operation -- but that's why they created Percocet and Flexeril, right?!

I'm bedridden tonight due to exhaustion and much pain medicine, but I promise to make an effort tomorrow to blog about our Disney trip. Think I'll get off of here now and watch a movie with my Little Man...he's being my helper tonight!

12 comments:

Carrie said...

So Glad you made it and all is well! Get some good Sleep!

Emily said...

dang-- i'm impresses that you blogged at all!! glad all went well!

Kristin said...

Glad to hear you are doing well!!!

Denise Grover Swank said...

Thank goodness it went so well!!! I'll keep praying for your recovery.

Lou Ellen said...

So happy to hear the good news. Now-- get some much needed rest. We can't wait to see that you are back at your extra-active lifestyle! We will keep praying for continued strength and recovery.

wingepr said...

So glad it went well.

Now get better soon!

Donna said...

Glad to hear it went well!! Already seeing some results seems like a great sign. Rest!!

Carrie said...

Ok you maybe on pain pills and not blogging but I just came by to check on you- I have been praying for you and wanted you to know it! I hope Meggie is taking good care of you-she is such a good girl I am sure she is a big help to you! Talk to you soon. Carrie

art said...

Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Adreanna

ww said...

Glad the surgery went well. Wishing you a very speedy recovery but hope you get lots of rest and spoiling too! Blessings, Wendy

Jane Ellen said...

I'm so glad you are recovering. Pray for my Dad too. He is going in for surgery to repare a ruptured disc in his back that sends pains down his leg and feet. I think his surgery is somewhere in the second or third week of this month. Can't wait to hear about Disney!

katie

Bill and Midge said...

Hope you are feeling a little better every day!