Thursday, June 4, 2009

Asking For Help Is Really Tough!

Our entire marriage, Kevin and I have prided ourselves on earning our own way and asking for little (or no) help, especially financially. Well, this is NOT the time for pride.

We were told we would get our LOA for Molly in 3-5 months...it arrived in six weeks. Great, we'll get our baby sooner! But, whoa, we haven't accumulated all the travel fees yet. Kevin has not been getting overtime and I have been struggling to get hours in my job at the hospital. I transferred departments at the hospital to one with more availability of hours, but I need to work those hours to get the money...and we're running out of time if we are traveling in July.

So, I created a Chip-In on the sidebar of the blog. (Kevin doesn't know about this yet and will probably want to kill me for doing it...) If you are one of my Blogger friends and wouldn't mind sending people here to help, we would greatly appreciate it. No gift is too small...and every gift will be greatly appreciated.

I will, of course, pay this forward when I see families struggling to gather the fees for a China adoption. I know now, firsthand, how hard it is to create the Chip-In and ask for help. But I'm asking anyway.

Thank you so much.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I will definitely pass word along and we WILL get you to your goal! I wish I knew how to make a linky... I'll see if I can find a way to do it unless someone else beats us to it:) And don't be embarrassed for asking for help, it shows your devotion to your family and your willingness to depend on friends! We've got your back:)If you decide to do a drawing of any type, I've got a couple of items I could donate!

Carrie said...

Don't you feel bad! Your doing something amazing! I have an item to donate if you feel like doing a drawing! I will pay for shipping!
Hugs
Carrie

Deb said...

Hope you don't mind, I added your chip to Lotus' blog to help spread the word. I too, have some items I could donate for a drawing to help out. Best of Luck! You guys will be in our prayers.

fivekidz said...

I also have several items that i would like to donate to a drawing if you get to that point. I would not have been able to travel for my zoe if not for the generousity of my fellow bloggers.Apply for grants . i learned i rec'd a grant when in China and they did reimburste me for my plane fare. good luck... go get your girl.. peace and happiness bonnie